2015: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

We know Iacubuzio was released in March because she mentioned being unemployed on Facebook after March and she removed her employer "Corday Productions" from her FB page. She was only writing two scripts a month anyway. We know Salmons remains as a script writer. I would suspect Broderick is gone as is David Cherrill; he's probably replaced by John Newman, son of script editor Fran Myers.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Interesting that Steve Williford directed GH. I'm assuming he was dropped from DOOL to make room for Noel Maxam. If so, I applaud Albert Alaar for rehiring Maxam. The episodes he directed, particularly during the 2008/09 writers strike were like primetime (Grandpa Shaun's plane death in particular). DOOL's directing team has needed a huge overhall for years!

• Members

has there been any updates on any additions to the Y&R writing team? with Jean gone you would think they would bring in a new BDW. im not sure if Altman is the only one left or not? Y&R'S credits are so confusing I have no idea who are BDW and who are SW.

• Administrator

The episode breakdown and script writers are listed after Brent Boyd. With Jean leaving, they have 5 BDWs right now so it's not neccesary for them to replace her.

BDWs

Shelly Altman

Jeff Beldner

Michael Conforti (who occasionally will write scripts too)

Lucky Gold

Natalie Minardi Slater

SWs

Amanda L. Beall

Susan Dansby

Janice Ferri Esser

Beth Milstein

Anne Schoettle

I think 5 for each position is the perfect amount.

• Administrator

I just edited my post. LOL Could Chip Hayes finally find his way to Y&R?

I doubt there will be many staff changes at GH since it's the same team Jean/Shelly worked with when they were previously at GH and OLTL. There might be 1 or 2 changes but not a big turnover.

• Administrator

If I were him, I'd stay at Y&R. I thought for sure Pratt would have given him the boot but he seems to be safe there. Who knows how long Jean and Shelly will be at GH. If you're secure at Y&R, just stay there! LOL

Archived