2015: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

So when does CBS make the change??? I bet the Bell family will do the same thing to Pratt and JFP they did to LML and get CBS on their side in order to get ride of them and bring in their people. CBS knows fans are pissed and this time they might make the change to appease the fan base by ditching Chuck and his shitty writing

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a feeling (and those much more knowledgeable than I have said also) that as long as the ratings don't fall off a cliff, no head writer changes will likely be made. For now I suspect Pratt is safe. Phelps even more so.

I think I read that ultimately, quality or the behaviour of Carlivati were not the determining factor in the GH change. It was the constant decline in ratings.

• Members

Y&R needs to dump both Pratt and JFP their long term cancer that's not being felt right now. I say bring both Y&R and B&B writing and production under one umbrella and let Ed Scott take over and report to Brad Bell. more cross over's and storylines between both shows is what's best for CBS daytime. not this crap that were seeing right now with double Jacks and everything else going on

• Administrator

DAYS:

- Lisa de Cazotte last listed as Co-Executive Producer on July 31

- Albert Alarr last listed as Producer on July 31

- Janet Spellman-Drucker last listed as Senior Coordinating Producer on July 31

- Janet Spellman-Drucker first litsted as Producer on August 3

- Albert Alarr first listed as Co-Executive Producer on August 3

• Members
"DOROTHY MUST DIE" AUTHOR DANIELLE PAIGE JOINS "DAYS" STAFF AS NEW SCRIPT WRITER...REPLACES JANET IACOBUZIO

Danielle Paige, the New York Times bestselling author of Dorothy Must Die and its upcoming sequel The Wicked Will Rise, has been added to the "Days" writing staff as a new script writer. Paige previously spent a decade writing for "Guiding Light" from 1996-2006, where she received two Daytime Emmy nominations (2003, 2005).  Paige, 40, is a graduate of Columbia University and lives in New York City.

Paige replaces Janet Iacobuzio, who had written 121 "Days" scripts since 2011, and whose last episode aired August 5. Paige was first listed in the credits on August 10, so look for her first script to air within the next week.

In an interview with USA Today in 2013, Paige had this to say about her time writing for soaps: "Soaps don't take you to Oz, but we had cloning stories and ghosts, and it's like, "OK, how do I write dialogue for that?!" When you get to something like this, it's about making things that aren't real feel right, and it was really good practice for that...I've always been fascinated with Oz, and I like the idea of the young-adult world. When I was writing soaps, I liked writing the young characters and I like a lot of teen stuff. I like that part of kids' lives where everything's new and heightened because it's a first time."

Archived