GH: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please, please, please stop complimenting the strange, creepy man playing Agent Sloane. He is terrible and should leave immediately.

I think RC has done a fine job as Lucas, but the story is barely there. For months he was presented as little more than a handsome prize for Ron's gays to fight over, and then Ron lost interest in Felix and now we're sort of in this morass where nobody at the show gives a [!@#$%^&*] to do more with a couple talented actors. All they do is talk about gay stereotype clichés.

I think deVry is a strange man, but he plays Julian Jerome - a monied, overcompensating, metrosexual middle-aged douchebag - to the hilt. For whatever reason he fully embodies that character and sells it, and I've come to appreciate his real chemistry with NLG/Alexis and his place on the show. Julian is an pompous, preening ass who thinks he is God's gift to women and probably checks his receding hairline everyday, and that's a real character. I don't necessarily like him as a person but I find him entertaining. He's much more colorful and somewhat layered than Sonny and Jason have been for years.

• Members

I'm sure DeVry would be just fine in a remake of Downstairs (Geary too), but for what the role should have been, I don't think he is suitable. It doesn't help that other than Jax, every Alexis pairing seems to turn NLG into the equivalent of one of those Molly Shannon parodies of a deluded immature woman who thinks she's sexy and hot and no one wants to tell her otherwise.

Archived