GH: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Duke is mostly just there because their plans with Robert fell through, they lost even more interest in Anna, and he can be a backup for Sonny when most of that group is depleted. I can't see him being on much longer.

Carlos is also likely just there for mob fodder.

I never understood the fans who went around insisting that Sonny was on the way out and can't you feel the brand new day. Sonny has way too many kids and is at way too gutter of a level to go anywhere. You can have Sonny do anything, and he'll get away with it, because he's Sonny and that's what Sonny does. This is catnip for a lazy writer like Ron.

Miller's doing what he does. And yes, he's better than Burton, or Young (which isn't saying much). In terms of the impact he was supposed to have - it didn't happen.

• Members

How much can be done with an actor who has Miller's exit strategy? I would not be shocked if he could quit on 2 weeks notice. Miller has with GH what YR brilliantly refused him. Told you guys a few months ago that Helena would be behind whatever is going on with Jason and here we are. He can leave as quickly as he came and Jason won't look like a deadbeat father or husband because he's being controlled. Kind of clever of Craptini when you really look at it. They didn't cast Jason. They hired Miller! Jason means nothing to them, so WHEN Miller leaves, oh well.

• Members

Fortunately, Frank will have pre-taped Jason for three more months in a massive block at that point. It'll just require cutting all airtime for [insert 60% of the cast]!

I like him but I can take or leave Jason period, so it's no skin off my nose.

• Members

Who thought he was supposed to have an impact and why? Who the heck is Billy Miller? An actor from a soap GH fans weren't watching in the first place? It was clear from before he even started Billy Miller would have no impact on the ratings because the character he was signed to play had no impact on the ratings.

I find Jacob Young (if that who is who you are talking about) better than both Miller and Burton. His run on AMC was excellent.

• Members

Jacob Young is definitely better than Miller and Burton. Significantly better.

I'm liking Miller just fine as Jakeson. He's better than Burton in my eyes. To each their own. He's far from a perfect or as great as his stans make him out to be, but he's honestly working well in this role for what the role is. Let's be real, this is likely a paycheck for him. That's it. He'll bolt at some point.

PATRICIA SPENCER mention!

I'm here for Carly/Olivia, Michael/Bobbie and Ned/Tracy today. Nice to see just plain old character interaction. Even Puke/Fluke are OK. Still over the story but they're OK. And even deVry showed up for work today. And actually, Dante/Anna and Johnny/Lulu aren't terrible either.

It's all more or less filler, IMO, but it's not terrible filler. Lots of history thrown around. Must be a script writer who gives a crap.

• Members

Jacob Young is very good at very specific things. Beyond that, he is hilarious. I think he and Steve Burton are at about the same level of talent at this point, but they have very different approaches in how they use it (Burton's choice: Screensaver mode).

Billy Miller can be lazy but I think he's a better actor than both of them in this day and age.

• Members

LOL at the look Carly was shooting Johnny. I'm also glad they had Olivia get on him about Connie being mentally ill and not getting her help. It's sort of funny to see Lulu, Carly and Olivia all with Johnny. I actually sort of like Rylan with Barash ...

Archived