DAYS: ATWT actress joining

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair to soap killers Cosgrove and Wilson [lol], I'm not ready to throw the blame their way should DAYS get the axe after the 50th. I'm still having that in the back of my head the show could very well end. Not being a doom and gloomer but it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway ... I like Marie. She's not the strongest actress in the world but she can be effective and do well with certain material. I think she'll fit in well at DAYS.

I have to agree with sungrey that there's just starting to be too many new faces. Not that I dislike any of them, the show's just neglecting a lot of it's past. Not saying it needs to rely specifically on that, and not that I want every character related to each other or even to a core family, but when you have kids like Sarah, Andrew, Alexander, etc. that can be blank slates and we keep getting newbie after newbie ... just seems like a waste. Like the waste of Sarah Brown, Tamara Braun (as Taylor and not keeping her around as Ava). And to be honest I think Chrishell Stause is being wasted on DAYS. Jordan being paired with Rafe was a waste.

• Members

I don't mind new faces a lot of times either, Kman. A lot of the characters we loved on Days were once newbies. The attitude I'm getting seems to be "we're going to give you all of these new characters and make you like them" and "if you want to see fan favorites, we're not giving them to you".

It's not working well. My timeline on Twitter... I have never seen people so angry about the state of this show. And that's saying something, considering I sat through Higley and the second run of Reilly. The second run of TomSell is what sent me over the edge, finally.

Archived