Days: Sami's exit storyline

• Members

From the new TV Guide:

Sami exits Salem on the 29th and she'll leave for LA where studio execs-who read that horrid expose written by Will-are eager to put her story onscreen.

Alison says the fans and everyone needed closure and despite shooting her exit scenes over 4 months ago, it still hurts. She's also disappointed that Sami and EJ didn't ride off into the sunset together.

She said it gave her such a giggle, that Hollywood execs read Will's article an wanted to be in the "Sami Brady business" and she says its a sweet send off she felt to the bone. For all Sami's trials and tribulations, Days was sending her off with love and appreciation and that means more to her than she can say

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sometimes, its good to just let characters walk onto a new journey. Sami has never hurt for airtime or drama, so what could they possibly do here that would not focus on a character no longer onscreen? Time to work on the show as a whole because there are some huge voids now. To me, the most disappointing is that EJ really isn't dead.

Bye Sami!

• Members

I can see why fans would be annoyed, but I don't think it's the worst idea. Sami's had so many dramas that I'm not sure what could top it at this point. She's died and went to jail - what else was left for an exit?

Then again I was never all that upset by Vivian's Bollywood exit either, even if it was nonsensical.

• Members

I wouldn't say I'm upset. But there is a way to write a major character off a show that spins new story out for those left behind, and a way to just drop a brick of a story that exits the character and generates nothing. This seems to fall in the nothing camp. I'm kind of shocked they didn't try harder with Sweeney. She is their leading lady right now.

• Members

I think Corday dictated this story point. It sounds like a producer writing some material....I don't think Tomsell would have ended it this way for her. But it will be heart felt I'm sure. She gave powerhouse performances these last few months and has held the show together thru thick and thin. She deserves a lot of praise. She seems to be a class act.

Archived