GH promo: Jason

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually they didn't. That's one of the reasons the show dropped most of those like a bad habit. They tried pairing him with multiple women and viewers shrugged. Even Bacteria only had a small, but very loud following.

The only one I ever saw actual fans for was Billy/Chelsea, but even that was forced and fake enough to where it didn't last.

• Members

I think it's so cute how these two shows still think they can steal each other's viewers. When was the last time a big casting coup affected a show's numbers? It seems the only time there's an actual buzz (Shemar) or ratings increase (Vanessa Marcil in 2002) is when a big star returns to the very show they're famous for. Star poaching does zilch.

Just make it an all-out cheese fest like Santa Barbara did in the 80's with their, "Hospitals in general are pretty dull. That's why I'm spending my afternoons in Santa Barbara!" or something to that effect.

• Members

Judging from that gif it looks like Miller has a lot of chemistry with RH. I would hate to say it but they should go there, I can't imagine ever saying this while Burton was in the role. I hated 2006 with a passion and pretty much just wanted Liz dead the last time she had a big story, but I think they might have some gold there. I don't think BM is going to have chemistry with KeMo. So that's what I was dreading, having Miller be the 'Borg and him him in a limp story with KeMo barely staying awake like she did with Burton.

Miller was definitely in favored pairings before Victoria. I think people forget that before Victoria, Miller was often locked in scenes playing opposite Daniel Goddard, which he immediately drew favorable comparisons from. Billy and Chloe did have their fans before they tied him to Victoria. Billy/Victoria and Lily/Cane became the popular pairings but there were fans who really loved the Billy/Chloe/Delia family. I thought Billy and Sharon was mostly disgusting, but he did have fans when he was with Chloe. As to his storylines, I agree that I grew tired of Billy the endless screw up stories they put him in, but I thought he excelled in the story where Delia was sick and in the hospital and when the illegal adoption feel through. I felt he did great in those storylines. But yeah as a whole I think Billy was a very tiring and difficult/thankless character to play as an actor because he never learned from anything.

• Members

I don't think it's about star poaching for ratings at this point. I think it's just a new version of damage control regarding fan reaction to a recast. It's way easier to recast with an established soap actor in the soap community because they come in with their own fan base and fans are already familiar with their work and their style of acting. Y&R made the perfect decision, by recasting Adam with Justin Hartley, a bigger "get" and star than the previous portrayer to silence his fans and quieted Adam-gate. Particularly in the case of Billy Miller and Justin Hartley these castings avoid the pitfalls of recasting with an unknown and having fans jump up and down, how the role never should have been recasted and dredging up further wank. At least with these "big notable steals" it stops most of the community from complaining. Especially if that actors fan base is quite notable. It would be better to recast, rather than create new and pointless characters that end up fulfilling their uses within three months.

• Members

I actually meant Chloe. I'm not sure why I typed Chelsea.

I tend to remember how hard the show pushed things like Billy/Sharon (which was supposed to be so hot and wild and he's the young Jack and he's wearing a tie on his head, how hilarious!) and Billy/Mackenzie.

Miller is good at grinning and putting the attention on himself, which is a good way to get fans, but not a good thing for scene partners. I remember how shocked I was at just how terrible he was with Jess Walton and every member of the Abbott family, and how he didn't even bother to try to put in work with them. Perhaps this got better after I started watching less - I don't know.

On GH, it won't matter, because Jason has no family anyway, and the cast of GH don't have the time or energy to make onscreen connections. As long as Miller looks cute, he'll get a lot of support, especially since a lot of people are likely just rooting for him to poke Burton in the eye.

Archived