Queens of Drama - New Soap Docu-Series on the new POP Channel

ljacks13

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This looks horrible. I don't believe a single second of this promo and it is just like every other fake reality show that insults and degrades all women by insisting every woman in "reality" is this rabid fighter unable to control their anger. How is it possible the entire world gets by without daily fistfights and throwing glasses of wine on each other, but when it is "reality" every conversation and grouping of two or more women leads to petty feuds, bitchery and women acting like they have the emotional maturity of six as they froth at the mouth a la rabies?

Donna Mills and Joan Collins don't look fabulous here, they look pathetic for even agreeing to participate in this nonsense dreck. Vanessa Marcil doesn't care what Donna wants? Why is she working with her on this fake TV show then? All reality TV is dross and the true depths of TV, the lowest form of entertainment TV has to offer--somewhere lower than monster trucks on the sophistication scale of society, and this seems right up there with the Real Housewives of Anywhere, the Kardashians and every other fake BS show on E, Bravo and whatever other channels this crap airs on.

• Members

Seriously, quartermainefan, don't hold back. ;)

You ARE right, though, about your assessments of this show and of "reality" shows in general. Donna Mills and Joan Collins always look fabulous no matter how putrid the show...but otherwise, I totally agree with what you are saying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm open minded about this especially with that gem Donna Mills. I really didn't like most of the people on Dirty Soap but I don't mind most of the cast here (except Chrystee Pharris who flopped on Passions but then again it was a pointless character anyway). And somehow they don't come across as the big attention whores that the horse faced Kardashians are. Can't wait!

• Members

I'm open minded about this too. I've enjoyed the snippets I've seen, which surprised me. I disagree about Pharris, but the first and last Simone's were much better.

Why do Crystal Hunt and Hartley hate each other? How are they even remotely aware of the other? Mutual friends? Simply because of being in the soap business? And Hunt needs to watch herself criticizing Hartley for 'mom roles' because, um, darling Crystal, you'll be there at some point. I love when people throw stones like that when they'll be in the same boat. I don't see anyone pounding down her door to give her a gig.

I looove how Donna just OWNS them and gives no [!@#$%^&*] about it.

• Members

I'm with Donna on medical dramas being done. As a major component of a full-blown daytime-style soap? Absolutely. But as the center of a primetime show? No. It's just done. There are ways to change it up, but as long as primetime medical dramas are basically soaps set in big city hospitals, who cares?

Archived