Queens of Drama - New Soap Docu-Series on the new POP Channel

ljacks13

• Members

OMG, I didn't even recognize Jason Shane Scott! I clearly wasn't paying attention enough, because it didn't even register in my brain until it came up here. I always thought he was gorgeous as Will on OLTL, though. :wub:

The fact that he and Lindsay met online does make me wonder, though--is there some sort of former soap star dating service online that I'm not aware of? Because that's a pretty big coincidence for them to meet online like that otherwise. :lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Scripted or not I enjoyed last night's ep. I will definitely plan to watch more.

I always wondered what the deal was with Crystal Hunt backstage at OL and why so many people seemed to dislike her. If she talks to everyone like she did Lindsey Hartley, no wonder! I'm not saying I don't like her (as I tend to be blunt myself) but it can definitely rub people the wrong way. Farah Fath (from the way she was on Dirty Soap) I'm sure wouldn't let comments float by like Lindsey did. tongue.png

I never watched Passions. I do know who Lindsey is because she was so popular but I had never heard of Chrystee. I like her so far though.

Definitely hope to see Jason Shane Scott more! wub.png

• Members

Considering he and Lindsay were sexing it up in a hottub in the season preview, I think we will. I loved Chrystee and Lindsay. Vanessa is a hot mess but I can't help but like and root for her. Hunter looks like she'll be fun. I'm so glad someone realized Hunter Tylo needed a reality show.

And Donna Mills is just everything.

I agree about Crystal Hunt. I actually like her but can't believe how she talks to people. I don't even think she's trying to be catty on purpose. She's ... interesting.

• Members

Lindsay Hartley is a lot more likable here than she was on Passions. I only liked Theresa with Jared and he was gone within a year so she could slobber over that smarmy arrogant Ethan.

Chrystee Pharris sucked the life out of her scenes on Passions but she's more natural here and I like her rapport with Lindsay.

RODNEY! Good to see you!!

Vanessa's glasses are fabulous.

Crystal Hunt is something else but she seems to be one of the few people that's good at being sassy without coming off as a complete bitch. She's also a ditz.

Donna is a gem as always. She doesn't have time for those silly little girls. Love her.

Online dating Lindsay? really? Gross!

I know everything's scripted (amped up at the very least) so that makes it fun. Nowhere near as bad as Dirty Soap, but that's not saying much since there was literally nowhere but up to go from that show!

• Members

Did Lindsay actually say it was online "dating" that was how she met Jason or did she just say online and it was taken as a dating site? I could see if the two had started messaging each other online from being in a lot of the same circles (probably knowing a lot of the same people, etc) and then strike up a friendship online first.

Not that it really matters either way....but I was just curious if this was one of Crystal's stirrings. tongue.png

• Members

I loved this show, it was everything I wanted it's scripted ass to be and more.

I don't do ugly - Donna Mills. She is EVERYTHING. And the appearance next week of Dame Joan will highlight why these Queens of Drama will never snatch Dame Joan's tiara.

Vanessa Marcil comes across as so...messy...or overtly sensitive? Interesting to see how different she is from the characters she plays.

Crystal Hunt...overconfident, with an ego so beyond who she is.

I really liked Hunter Tylo in this, to my surprise.

Lindsay and Chrystee don't seem like the sharpest knives in the drawer.

• Members

Yeah, it's scripted like a mother, but I don't really mind. I mean, when you have cameras following them at a random industry party where they come up with the PREMISE of the damn series, you know from Jump Street that this is anything but organic. However, I do think some of the blowups and general disdain from one another seen in the previews is based in at least a few shreds of truth.

Donna is the main draw for me, and it's interesting how she's the least adept at sounding naturalistic with their scripted exchanges. I think it's a generational thing, Having Vanessa meet her at that fitting was so OTT soap. :lol: I can hardly wait for Joan to show up in her signature black and white. I could certainly see Michele and JVA making appearances in the future.

I've never liked Crystal Hunt.

I think Hunter is going to be the biggest mess.

• Members

Ah thats right forgot about that....

I loved how everyone on the show had no idea who Crystal was.....LOL or Lindsay.....LOL

And whats up with V. Marcil house...gawd...she looks damn ass poor....LOL

Donna....love the house but she needs a sexy gardner to get her some great yard work....btw....loved loved....loved that Donna is a tennis player and has her own clay court in the back of her house...Id love to play tennis with her...LOL

Archived