Queens of Drama - New Soap Docu-Series on the new POP Channel

ljacks13

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kind of wish Donna's hot daughter was in this. She doesn't live in L.A. though. It would be interesting watching her in her mom's corner against these starlets.

I'm totally with Donna that their ideas were unoriginal and played out. But I don't think Donna's ideas will be exactly revelatory.

Every time Vanessa laughs, I think of that pic R. Sinclair made.

• Members

Crystal and Lindsey's little battles looks so forced …LOL

Are all these ladies so dumb that they didn't know Joan Collins was on GL? When they worked in the business at the same time….LOL

Loved seeing Joan Collins and ending it with her….Ha

So Hunter found her new husband online too…..her new husband looks creepy as hell…LOL….he is such a downgrade from Michael Tylo

A Winsor Harmon sighting...

• Members

Here's the first episode (Well, okay, it's an hour long double episode. Same difference.):

http://poptv.com/post/117485399701/queens-of-drama-premiere-event-full-double-episode

Not sure if any eps after that will be posted there, though.

I forgot the next episode was on tonight. I wanted to see Dame Joan! sad.png Maybe Pop will post each episode online after it airs, like it did the first one.

• Members

Joan met with Donna and told her that she had received a phone call from Crystal. Joan and Donna are good friends. Donna told Joan what was going on and they decided to teach the ladies a lesson. Joan popped up later at the end as the cliffhanger…classic Joan….LOL..she walked into the meeting Donna had set up with the ladies to set a trap …..in the previews Crystal gets caught red handed and denies calling Joan…LOL

• Members

This show is a scripted mess and it's hilarious:

My favourite parts of the first/second episode:

- The girls supposedly randomly meeting at a "networking" event to discuss the god-damn concept of this show!

- Vanessa Marcil meeting Donna Mills at a costume fitting, just so that there's an excuse for her to be dressed up in the nines

- The messiness of their ideas for a show, "I like Golden Girls!"

- The weirdness of Donna randomly bringing in Hunter Tylo - why?

- Donna's stilted acting

- Donna meeting with the CW to discuss a show that doesn't even have a concept. Or visiting the CW at all to pitch a show about people in their 30s-50s when you're lucky to have a job on a CW show past 30.

Lucking forward to the third episode now! It's up on the PopTv.com website but it won't load for me. :(

• Members

This episode was delicious...when you put Dame Joan and Donna together it's soap opera magic.

There's Donna, in a Mark Zunino skirt suit that's got day glow flowers all over it, on the patio at Riva Bella, waiting for her lunch companion, only for Dame Joan to arrive, also in a Mark Zunino skirt suit but in black and white with the flowers on the lapel, striding in to the most glorious Petshop Boys style synthesizer music announcing that she's just gotten back from London as the soft, natural light makes their respective faces look glorious...it was all too much. I watched that entrance a dozen times.

And then they drink wine and gossip. It does help that Dame Joan and Donna are friends IRL, so the banter is naturalesque.

Crystal continues to be the blunt bitch of the show...but then Lindsay comes across as an idiot getting pissed about Crystal wearing an old Sue Wong dress.

Chrystee and those butterfly bows in her hair. Anyone else notice she has one in at all times?

Vanessa is so neurotic, I'd have a tricky time working with her, that kind of indecisiveness is so irritating to me.

Next week holds promise for Hunter having the messiest life of all...is that husband of hers for real? Why shouldn't she feel attached to her children, especially given that she's lost one?!

The ending of the episode was great with the music swelling as Dame Joan burst into that boardroom in matching black and white suit and hat, throwing out "Don't look so surprised!" to a stunned Crystal.

Archived