Janet Jackson Appreciation Thread

KateW

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The top 50 songs should only include her hits…some of those songs I don't even recognize…LOL….the list is average at best…some I agree and some I don't…..I don't think RN should be number 1….that wouldn't even make my top 10 of hers….

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

Has Janet Jackson secretly become a Muslim? Rumours that she has converted to the religion of her Qatari multi-millionaire husband

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4089276/Has-Janet-Jackson-secretly-Muslim-raunchy-star-baby-50-s-good-reason-believe-rumours-converted-religion-Qatari-multi-millionaire-husband.html

Even by the standards of one of pop music’s most enduring stars, it’s been an impressive new chart entry for Janet Jackson. Straight in at number one in the list of the world’s oldest first-time celebrity mothers, she has given birth aged 50.

Ending one of the most heavily scrutinised pregnancies in recent showbusiness history, the singer announced on Tuesday that she and her Qatari multi-millionaire businessman husband, Wissam Al Mana, had a son.

There were few details — there never are from one of planet celebrity’s most private stars — on a birth that has been subject of much speculation since March, when Jackson postponed her world tour so she and Al Mana could focus on starting a family.

Edited by GregNYC

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

Janet has recently reemerged promoting her music and a new tour. She went on "The View" to surprise Whoopi and the rest of the co-hosts and entire audience with tickets. She also showed up on Jimmy Fallon's late night show and did a very cool rendition of "Runaway" using classroom instruments. If you're a Janet fan this will put a smile on your face.

I've looked at a couple of appearances with her lately. (Including the one on Fallon). And she seems happy and as gracious as ever. She really is lovely and I'm glad to see she's happy.

Edited by xtr

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The Janet/Justin Super Bowl debacle and Janet’s subsequent blacklisting are reportedly getting the “Framing Britney Spears” treatment. JT is probably bracing himself for another brutal reckoning (as well as Les Moonves, whose obsession with ruining Janet’s career will also be tackled in the doc).

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/26/framing-britney-producers-making-janet-jackson-super-bowl-doc/

• Members

Janet didn't really help her career either by releasing some truly awful albums in the 00's and then going on a near decade break from music to focus on crap Tyler Perry movies and marrying a rich Arab businessman for his fortune...

But what happened to her in the immediate fallout was both racist and sexist to the highest degree.