If you were EP of Y&R who would you fire?

• Members

I would fire the HWs and replace them with Guza.

I would get rid of the boring ass theme song (Im going to get hate for this) and replace it with a more modern theme.

Get rid of Stitch, Tyler, Leslie, Avery, Courtney, Devon, and Ian.

Recast:

Dylan

Victoria

Billy

Lily

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would literally BEG Kay Alden and Nancy Curlee to come and work together as HW's, possibly w/ Meg Bennett, Lorraine Broderick, Stephen Demorest, Jim Houghton, Frederick Johnson, and Trent Jones among their writing staff.

• Members

FIRE:

Robert Adamson: bring him in from time to time at holidays

Kelly Goss: buh bye

Jean Passanante

Shelley Altmam

Music department

Daniel Goddard

Sean Carrigan

Cady McClain[ sorry Cady...]

Lauralee Bell

BACK ON CONTRACT:

The indomitable JESS WALTON

OFF CONTRACT:

Jessica Collins

Angela Conwell

Greg Rikaart

RECAST:

Amelia Heinle with Sarah Brown or anyone that doesn't sleepwalk through the role

Steve Burton with John Brotherton or Forbes March or even Mark Lawson

Burgess Jenkins[he could be a good Dylan, but not Billy]...with David Tom

Christel Khalil with a more talented actress

Daniel Romalotti to play off new Lily

Julia Newman Martin with Jaclyn Smith to play off Jack Abbott

Eric Garrison Junior Julia's son to interact with Victoria and Billy [if they have to be in each other's orbit]

Brooks Prentiss with a contemporary to romance Traci and Ashley and pit him against Mark Harding

Phillip ChancellorIV to mix it up in the Abby/Tyler/Mariah set

Fen Baldwin with his boyfriend from college

BRING BACK:

Tricia Cast for Neil

Ignacio Serricchio[romance for Abby/Kevin{bi}]

Steven Ford as Jill's love, Andy Richards

I'd bring back the business stories and drop a lot of the BS. JFP knows how to run a show just as well as any EP...she just needs the right tools to work with.

Michael/Lauren/Paul/Nikki/Victor/Julia/Jack /Phyllis Daniel/Lily

Nina/Neil/Hillary/Devon Ashley/Mark/Traci/Brooks

Colin/Jill/Andy Chelsea/Billy/Victoria/Eric Anita/Jeffrey/Gloria

Phillip/Abby/Tyler/MariahAustin/Summer Nick/Sharon/Dylan/Avery

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Members
Definitely, that would be an awesome team.

I'd fire:

Cady McClain

Amelia Heinle

Burgess Jenkins

Steve Burton

Daniel Goddard

Tristan Rogers

Melissa Ordway

Ray Wise

Kelli Goss

Terrell Tilford

Catherine Bach

Sean Carrigan

I'd also cancel the whole Adam recast, do an overhaul with Austin, Mariah and Chelsea

Bring back Nina, Chance, Mackenzie, JT, the Fosters, Daniel and Danny, Gina, Drucilla (Victoria Rowell), Phyllis (Michelle Stafford), cast Gina or Sarah Brown as Victoria, David Tom returns as Billy

I think there should be a thread like this for GH

• Members

Had to laugh at this one: "JFP knows how to run a show just as well as any EP... she just needs the right tools to work with." SERIOUSLY??? Who do you think got rid of the music, lighting, sets that made Y&R unique among the soaps? Who do you think hired hacks head writers to steer the story, and directors who don't know Y&R's style?? Who do you think brought in actors/actresses who were friends of hers from other soaps who stick out like sore/talentless thumbs on the Y&R canvas. The person the EP of Y&R should fire is herself. Or better yet, have the common sense to realize she's in over her head, that she's made a mess of this once great soap, and should bow out! No, she's not entirely to blame. She's got Steve Kent and Angelica McDaniel weighing in too. But Jill Farren Phelps needs to go for all the above reasons and more.

• Members

I love this list! I would also clean house with the writing staff and get Kay Alden back on the team

Rebuilding the chancellor family with Phillip III, Chance, Jill, Brock, and Nina.

Bring in one or two Brooks sisters

we need a doctor who is a main character so hell bring back Nate, Olivia and Casey Reed

Victoria will make a return after a few months off the canvas with Gina T in the role.

I would also reintroduce Dina Abbott and a redeemed Patty Williams with Marcy Walker in the role.

• Members

Frankly, Neil, I don't believe anyone could redeem Patty. She's done too much damage. You'd have to explain away her actions either as the work of an impostor, which doesn't make sense (why would anyone care to impersonate Patty Williams?), or a brain tumor, which has been done to death, both on Y&R and other soaps. And then there's always the suggestion that Carl molested Patty as a little girl, and you KNOW longtime fans would never go for that, lol!

The more time passes, the more I think this show (and we) are ready for a re-emergence of the Brooks and Foster clans. You couldn't bring them all back, of course, nor could you bring them back all at once. If the two families were to return to GC, they'd have to be weaved in with the rest of the current cast, in ways that would appear organic. Off the top of my head, however, here's who I would love to see return:

1. Chris Brooks Foster

2. Leslie Brooks Prentiss

3. Lorie Brooks Hollister

4. Dr. Snapper Foster

5. Greg Foster

6. Dr. Jennifer Foster (Chris and Snapper's daughter)

7. Charlie Foster (Snapper and Sally's kid, formerly known as Chuckie Roulland, he took his bio dad's name after Snapper told him the truth about his paternity -- which happened, offscreen, sometime after Liz Foster's death)

8. Greg Foster

9. Lance Prentiss (perhaps John McCook performing double duty -- on-contract on B&B, and recurring on Y&R?)

10. Brooks Prentiss

• Members

I don't have time right now to type up a list of actors, so I'd start with firing the current showrunners and bringing in Kay Alden, Jack Smith, Ed Scott, Marnie Saitta, and Jack Alloco to bring back the classic look and feel of the show, and give them carte blanche to develop as they see fit. Of course, I have my dream lists of characters I want back and recasts that need to happen, but good writing and directing could bring out so much even from the current cast. Alden and Smith weren't the best, but they were the best we've had since Bell, and Scott and Alloco could bring back some of the good lighting and music. Saitta was a good casting director who discovered talent rather than just stunt casting. Obviously, a big part of this would be SONY having to take a hands-off approach. I swear, Bill Bell should have put in his will that he was leaving Y&R to a trust after he died with really specific instructions on how the show was to be run. He was always so against running the show by committee, and had a plan to groom people to take over the show when he passed, and it was just completely disrespected by SONY and CBS.

Archived