Meshach Taylor has died

dragonflies

• Members

It is with love and gratitude that we sorrowfully announce that our darling, amazingly brilliant and dynamic, Meshach, the incredible father, husband, son and friend has begun his grand transition. Our friends who know and love us, please offer your prayers for his peace and blazing light as he ascends to the heavens. Those who need to call the family please do. Those who desire to post memories, we are open and graciously accepting all gestures of peace. Love,

the Taylor Family Tariq Taylor Yasmine Taylor Tamar Lashae Taylor Esme Taylor

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, he appears to be in the final stage of whatever illness he has. From all indications a few hours ago, he was still hanging on. That said, it's very sad news. I loved the friendship his character Anthony on Designing Women had with Alice Ghostley's Bernice and Delta Burke's Suzanne.

• Members

I didn't realize he was ill, either, but I just looked at his Wikipedia page, which has a photo from two months ago, and you can tell he was sick with something.

So sad. DW was my favorite show at a very young age, and I loved Anthony and Bernice the most. I also liked him on the To Tell the Truth.

• Members

Wow, truly sad indeed. Hoping his family can comfort each other and will be gathered together to remember him and give him whatever type of homegoing he desired.

How many people in the world of Arts & Entertainment have died in the past few weeks? It feels like so many..

• Members

Oh my God, no. I didn't even realize that DW was currently airing in syndication until just the other day. It was the episode where Suzanne had Anthony dress up like Consuela so she could get her citizenship. Meshach and Delta, and Meshach and Miss Alice were particularly great together (♫BLACK MAN, BLACK MAN, WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!?...♫). Miss Dixie was already an incredible blow, this is so sad, my heart goes out to his family.

And yes, AMS, I liked him on TTTT too, with his patterned rayon shirts and gold jewelry.

• Members

After looking around a bit, it looks he is actually still alive, but is indeed on his death bed due to a terminal illness (his family has yet to say what it is). The FB post itself is a little confusing as to whether it meant he is dead or is alive but in the process of dying, and it looks like every news story that has reported on it took the "begun his grand transition" line to mean that he was already dead, and reported it as much (and I'm as guilty as anyone else for coming to that conclusion, too).

So in other words, it looks like he is still alive right now, but not for much longer. :(

Archived