Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh hell no. To be clear, Joan Collins was fine on Guiding Light, but "that big fat female producer" (MADD) refused to give Collins time off for her book tour. I truly believe she would've stayed much longer. MADD wanted Marj Dusay in that role. And Joan Van Ark was excellent, she just didn't want a contract soap role due to the pace. Gloria was originally short term.

• Members
Thank you.

This situation just pisses me off. I started watching again (mostly, I don't comment in the discussion thread much though, but I agree with everyone who says it's reminding them of the last years of ATWT. It is.) because he came back. I'm not looking forward to another middle-aged Billy who comes off as a pathetic loser, that everyone feels the need to look down upon and lecture.

That was really nice of her to say that. I'm glad some people are speaking out. Too bad the suits supposedly would rather listen to the crazy stans who salivate over Miller and even that awful man I won't name. Right?

Miller and Tom are actually fairly similar in looks.

You can pick any bad picture and plaster it up there. Doesn't make Miller the better actor. They're actually a bit more similar than anyone would admit. And that unflattering pic of Tom was pretty much Miller as Billy anytime I'd tune in. The point?

• Members

They're just not used to it. Just saying the pace is too much doesn't mean they didn't like it or wouldn't stay. Hasn't Mills even said she'd come back?

I agree that Joan Collins probably would have stuck around and I loved her Alexandra (I love Marj Dusay too, but she was never given much substance as Alex). MADD was terrible IMO everywhere she went.

• Members

I'll say this again BM & AH chemistry wasn't magical as their fans trying to say. AH and BM chemistry is drier than dry dirt. She made him boring & unlikable. Billy and Victoria just like Nicki & Phylis should have just be sex partners for a few days than moved on.

• Members
?????

Chemistry is subjective. It was magical for some. I loved Nick and Phyliss. Can't wait to see what GT in the role does for Phick because Shick is heading over the cliff.

And I uber love that Summer will remain Nick and Phyliss's child. So much story potential. Unlike Shick.

• Members

I see absolutely no real story potential with another retread of tired Phick and the real story lies with Summer remaining Jack's child and still being an honorary Newman as well as a biological Abbott.

I would love to see Phyllis come back, bust Sharon, devastating Jack, exploding Shick again and upending Summer's life again, only for it to come out that Sharon only hallucinated meddling with the DNA test.

That would be a great first six months to a year for Gina Tognoni (who's at least a decade too young to be playing Phyllis) to come in on.

Archived