WLS on Y&R: Time for Victoria Rowell to Return as Drucilla

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm convinced GH is hiring so damn many people, because they want to improve the state of unemployment in this country. (Nice try, guys, but maybe you should leave it to Congress and the White House?)

• Members

Oh, I don't believe that VR is nasty nor vindictive. Bitter yes, but I actually think she has good reason.

I don't disagree with her telling it like it is but I do think the Twitter format, the 140 characters format is best utilized in short pithy statements or back and forth between multiple parties but any stream of consciousness is going to come off somewhat rambling. A series of blog posts or even a Q&A or online chat, even Reddit, which I don't particularly care for, is more of a no holds barred format.

I understand that some soap fans don't want to learn 'how the sausage is made' but it's kind of insulting to artists of color who know darn well this problem exists to hear people trying to dismiss the reality. The only thing is I do wish she would abstain from taking it to the Twitter format because the 140 character format is very restricting and prone to make statements looks excessive.

• Members

Listen, when VR made her first outright unapologetic public statement about racism in Daytime she was DONE in daytime. Because it has become increasingly worse to call out racist behavior than to be racist. You can do many things in Hollywood. Molest kids. Rape. Be abusive. Do drugs. But you can not call the machine racist. Black ball! They never going to have her back no matter what.

The reason you haven't seen her on GH and never will because ABC Daytime doesn't want anyone with her passion and notoriety calling attention to their racist practices.

• Members

I mean this as no shade to anyone but after reading the thread I feel it needs to be said.

If minorities had the power to change racism then we wouldn't be having this conversation. And that goes for Victoria Rowell as well.

Archived