WLS on Y&R: Time for Victoria Rowell to Return as Drucilla

• Members

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2014/05/opinion-time-is-now-for-victoria-rowell.html?m=1

At the risk of opening Pandora's Box, it brings up a valid point. Y&R desperately needs a familiar face to generate story, not endless ABC rejects or pretty newbies who can't act. Her return would give substance to the Winters family, as well as many others. Besides, with another new person coming in as NuPhyllis, a reborn rivalry with fan-favorite [and familiar face] Drucilla could help build interest in the recast (as long as she's a strong actress who can hold her own against VR).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In all seriousness, there is no doubt that Drucilla is needed and wanted. But what is 100% sure is that, the less vets these people get their hands on, the better. We're better off not seeing her character getting destroyed, as well (more than the Hack Bitch From Hell already did, anyways).

• Members

The only negative about Dru coming back is that she would be stuck with Neil. Ugh. Dead end there. I'd love to see VR back on the show. Honestly, she has worked around terrible writers. I'd love to see Dru face-off with Colin (and, of course, Jill). It would also be nice to see her friendship with Sharon - I'd love an episode where Sharon fills in Dru on all the stuff that Sharon has been through while Dru was gone. That would be some hilarious stuff. I doubt the "magic" could be recreated with nuPhyllis - that spark was really tied to the two actresses - no matter what happened between them - their scenes were gold. Remember, there is only one example of a show pairing two women together in a bumper/opening. (the back-to-back Phyllis/Dru shot). Not even Katherine/Jill got that.

• Members

This show was a cut above the rest and LML hacked it to pieces and it never really recovered.

Honestly I am not one of those conservative soap fans that says anything new sucks. But with this show? Fire anybody hired after 2006 and start fresh. What this show always had going for it was its brand and it lost that hard. I can't even watch anymore. I tune in and I'm like, "Who's that? Who's that? Who's that?" And Y&R was always the best at integrating newbies and making them a part of the fabric.

She does need to come back. Yeah she is kind of psycho but who isn't? This show's black audience is a big reason it has been #1 for so long and I'd bet the black audience who have left would come back just to see her. Sad thing is, CBS acknowledged and even catered to that black audience in the 90s. It hasn't in so long and I just do not get why, never will. Ignorance I guess.

• Members

Even if she came back, it wouldn't work. Those days are over, the viewers are gone. VR made a mistake by leaving and Y&R made a mistake by not trying to bring her back years ago. Time for everybody to admit their screwup and move on.

• Members

I do. She left mid contract and it hardly seemed like any time at all before she wanted to come back. The whole thing makes me sad because Dru really was a force on the show. However, I suspect Marceline is right and there is no going back. It's just a shame. I wish I had understood that we were in the glory days of Y&R back then. I would have cherished them more.

• Members

It is time for her to be brought back. SONY & CBS/Y&R production need to realize that this is a business and put their business aside for the greater good. VR/Dru coming back and being advertised could bring back a bunch of old fans that tuned out. She's a fan favorite. Fans still beg for her return more than ANY character in the genre. But I am gonna need VR to keep her mouth shut when it comes to production. SONY ain't gonna change at this point in time, so get over it. I understand and support her fight but she needs to find another route rather than going on Twitter rants. If she's invited back, she needs to play nice.

However, the story has to be there.

I (personally) don't think that she has to be repaired with Neil immediately. I've suggested numerous times that they have Sharon flee town after the Phyllis reveal with everyone wanting her head on a platter, and she's robbed and presumed dead as the robber takes her car and wrecks it (classic Y&R trope as it happened to Brad Elliot & Victor). As Nick, Noah, & Faith grieve her death in GC, Stumbling through the woods, Sharon meets a nice AA man that is out taking photos. He sees Sharon is distraught and he offers her a haven to get her mind right. Sharon is taken in by a nice man and when they arrive at his house, she meets his daughter (played by Davetta Sherwood) and his wife, to the shock of Sharon is an amnesic Dru. Have Sharon secretly help Dru regain her memory, but when the daughter catches onto what Sharon is doing (along with learning who Sharon really is via the press), she calls the cops. Sharon, meanwhile, learns from the press that Neil is marrying Hillary, and wanting to reunite Dru & Neil, Sharon drags Dru her back to Genoa City on Neil's wedding day to Hilary, which is busted up because Neil is still married to Dru. Things pop off even more when Sharon is apprehended by the cops and taken in.

Neil wants to reconnect with Dru before he decides if he wants to remain married or Hillary; however, Dru is wrapped up in other issues-- Sharon is now readmitted into a psych ward for what she did to Phyllis. Have Dru enlist the help of Paul & Christine in guilt tripping Phyllis into getting Sharon released (as they've all been victims of Redzilla) then have Dru struggle with whether she wants to stay in GC or return to her new life. After Lily & Devon's heartfelt plea, have her choose to remain in GC but with her new husband. Neil & Dru file for divorce and Neil marries Hillary, who slept with Devon during the period of time Neil was undecided who to be with.

Meanwhile, Dru & her man take jobs at Newman (he as the company's new campaign photographer), and have her deal with various issues: learning about Devon/Hill's affair, her new "daughter" wanting to bust up Cane & Lily (as she hates Lily), and her clashing with Phyllis in the workplace like old times.

Honestly, I just gave JP about a 1.5 years worth of story....

• Members

One of of her more recent twitter rants involved an attempt to shame Y&R's sponsors, so I just can't see it. If I had a magic wand, I would make it happen though. Especially since I don't care about the fact that some of her co-workers dislike her. Too bad. I don't like everyone I have to work with either.

Archived