Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually laughed at that sex scene not because there was anything wrong with it but I just kept thinking that Cookie was locked up for 17 years and Lucious has a disease that makes his muscles weak. I was waiting for Cookie to screw him to death. LOL! Of course, now I'm waiting for Cookie's prison girlfriend to show up because, come on, you know there had to be one.

According to a recent interview with Chaiken, Andre's story is about to move to the forefront. I'm glad because he seems to be either taken for granted or forgotten by everyone.

I need to add one thing that I liked, Elle claiming she was on "CP time." As much as I hate that concept, I love how it showed that Elle truly has been a part of Empire's world since the beginning. It was just like her remark last week that her record sales kept the lights on "in that black shack." One of the things TV often gets so wrong about interracial relations is that when you're really close to someone you don't avoid the topic of your differences because the topic isn't "dangerous."

Edited by marceline

• Members

A little tidbit that I caught and appreciated was when Cookie said that she's never "been" with any man other than Lucious. Yeah, she's been in prison for 17 years, but she probably had tons of opportunities to get some from other men before that, but, if she's to be believed, she didn't. That adds so much to the character.

• Members

I kind of hate that to tell you the truth. I hate the whole concept of Cookie having to be written as pure when Lucious spent most of her jail term laying pipe from Philly to New York. Of course, she said she hasn't been with any other men. That still leaves room for the prison girlfriend and can you imagine what that would do to someone as homophobic as Lucious? It would put his whole "trigonometry" talk with Hakeem in a brand new light.

• Members

I think Cookie's revelation adds a note of vulnerability. She was a young girl when they got together and he swept her off her feet. He was still a player, but she was the brains of the operation and she put him on the path to greatness.

Whether or not she had action in prison is a whole other thing, but I think Cookie having little exposure to other men before Lucious is a nice touch. As powerful as she is and as much strength and charisma as she radiates, Lucious is in her blood and, at times, I suspect is her Achilles' heel. It's very possible to be strong in one way and deeply vulnerable in another.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't think he would have the same reaction though. There tends to be this double standard where some men think lesbians are hot rolleyes.gif , but gay men are disgusting. I definitely got that vibe from Lucious when he was talking to Hakeem about Tianna. I have no idea how he would react to one of "his" women going there, but it wouldn't surprise me that much if he didn't react the same way he does to Jamal.

You need to change that ASAP. tongue.png

• Members

Anika drugging Elle shows how far Anika is willing to go. Now that Lucious has cheated on her with Cookie, it will be interesting to see how she reacts. I think Anika might find out about Cookie's deal with the feds and make sure that the drug king pin finds out, too.