GH: May 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

You all know that if KmC ever comes back Ron will just say she was in danger this whole time and literally COULDN'T leave because she was being held or some BS like that and they were threatening to kill Patrick and Emma if she left. It will all be washed away the minute KMC comes back.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a feeling if she ever returns, she will be married to a recast Jason and we will learn that the Cassadines arranged quickie divorces/annulments/whatever (I don't know what Sam and Jason would be called in this situation) and made them marry.

Anyone will get hate, but a good show can write around that. Ron assumed everyone would weep for Sabrina and feel that Patrick would be with her...just because.

• Members

No one's saying Robin is specifically off the show because of Sabrina. At least that's not what I was intending to say.

YRBB and alex_elizabeth summed it up a lot better than I did.

And Sabrina was probably absent for a reason (so the fans wouldn't hate on her while Robin was being made to look like a bitch). Despite being a hot mess, I do believe Ron knows what he's doing. He's very obvious in his agendas.

Yep

• Members

I'm on the fence here. Do we know what Robin would really do if Guza or Wolfe were writing this instead? Granted Craptini's goal was to make Robin look bad and Sobby look good, and while I have no doubt that Robin would skip out on Patty to save Jason, I'm just not sure what she'd do in regards to Emma. I honestly don't. Robin (like Carly) has always put the mob first. Patty (and Jax) have always shared their beds with the mob. There was not a moment that Patty didn't have to compete with that dead druggy wannabe, Stone. This dude was an addict and a thug yet Patty still didn't measure up. Scummy shot Robin in her own house yet she refused to allow Patty to call the police. When Scummy shot Dante, Patty asked Robin to stay out of it, but she ignored him and left work to go make rounds to the PC citizens who might testify against Scummy. She needed to to convince everyone that they don't understand that scuzzard, Scummy. Robin went back into a dangerous lab to save Jason. She knew her possible fate when she told Patty she loved him and Emma.

A real writer would have taken one of the only 2 routes, especially knowing how much time they have with an actress. If you have 6 months, make it good. Make it count! 1.) Let Patty struggle with this but, in the end, choose Sobby. He had already gotten to the point to where he could live life without Robin, so make the hard choice and just do it. Patty would never do that? Not true, prior to focus groups and the internet, Patty would have done this and it could have been successful. It worked on AW when Cass' dead wife, the love of his life, returned. He struggled, but eventually chose Frankie, the woman he had later fallen in love with. 2.) Let Robin come back with full blown AIDS. Another tough decision, but it would have tied to her past, and if we must make Sobby look good, let her be Robin's confidant and nurse at GH. Let the audience fall in love with Sobby as she is there for Robin and Patty. Since both love Patty, this is an easy relationship to create.

What Robin would have done is so irrelevant. It is what Craptini did with the 6 months they had - like everything else, they wasted it.

Reuniting Scrubs should NEVER have been an option, but Craptini was too busy trolling the Scrub fans. Of course, Craptini are not capable of the smallest bit of depth, so yeah, lets just use the return as a ratings stunt. Robin's return should have and would have garnered GH many awards.

• Members

Frank and Ron signed new deals at GH. 2013 was a banner year for them with big ratings that's all abc cares about. Emmys and critical praise are nice but it's the big ratings that brought big revenue to GH. ABC is very happy with the show. I loved Wendy Riche I doubt she would return to GH.

• Members

Ron is nothing but a white trash wankster. And he's always looked like he crawled out of the hay without having the decency to shave or run a comb through his hair. That must have been why he loved JPL and Michael Easton so much on OLTL. And why he's still hyping Easton as Silas. And why the non-actors that play Carlos and Morgan were cast.

And he has no self control. We all know about his childish, petulant tantrums on social media. He always has an agenda yet is utterly delusional at the same time. And he has horrible taste in characters and actors. I feel sick every day when I even just hear his name. The endless praise makes it worse.

Jim Reilly's material on his worst day was Shakespeare compared to Ron's.

That said, I'm looking forward to Stafford and Easton having the inevitable scenes together. Her ridiculously broad acting and his blank stares and nonexistent acting together could be hilariously bad. I think it could be so bad that it's good.

And yes, Robin was sacrificed for Sabrina. It was nice when we were seeing less and less of Sabrina.

Still loving KG/Obrecht! She's on less and less now while Ava is on every damn day. With the alleged issues between Maura West and Michelle Stafford, I'm not sure which one I'd rather watch. Probably Nina/MS, since at least she might be so bad that she's good especially when she has scenes with Easton and if she ever has scenes with Maurice.

• Members

No, Kim will be back, probably in late summer if I wanted to bet. And they'll never end Scrubs for good. They may put everyone through the wringer and make everyone hate it, but at the end of the day they will, ultimately, even if it's for the finale, put them back together.

• Members

Robin's exit is simple she can't handle the Sabrina pregnancy.

That's it.

No more being held hostage, kidnapped by villains, unfreezing dead criminals or full blown aids (maybe a health crisis re: this would have been a good story) this unfreezing crap could've been introduced later down the pike, Victor could allude to all this in story as time went on to bring them back...

She left with Emma to find herself, Emma's not on every day and her absence is easily explained until she comes back to visit with her daddy then has an extended stay then permanent because Robin doesn't want her shuttled to and fro, she misses her school her friends or whatever.

later down the road Robin divorces Patrick because of it. He's free. No body has to look bad in this.

But that would make Robin look good and Ron' so busy in Sabrina's corner he couldn't bear Robin leaving because of her so story repeatedly highlights how the pregnancy isn't the reason why Robin left....she's just jiggy wit it.

Nothing can be written to sully up Sabrina's pure as the driven snow image. It's apparent that Robin refusing to come home to see about her daughter especially after a car accident throws shade at Robin to add even more justification Patrick wanting his marriage to be over

She's made a breakthrough and can't leave to see about her child paralleling Sabrina (placed in the car with Emma/Patrick) rubbing her belly, it was important he was the driver,

Sabrina broken, vigilant over her dying child is purposely place to garner empathy for Sabrina with Patrick. Robin's entire served that purpose . I don't want Sabrina and Robin friends nor did I want scenes showing Robin begging Sabrina for her family by asking her to take the decision away from Patrick.

Robin and her life has propped this horrid creature from day one ' while she's on and off the screen, Enough. Stand on your own steam. This is what many Robin fans like myself I post with aren't fond of; Sabrina' whole run has been built off the backs of Robin's fans her popularity.

They're well aware Kim left to pursue a career in directing and Patrick has to move on. Its how they are writing it that's pissing many Scrub fans off and them showing Robin alive didn't help.

Archived