GH: May 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

TNB might explain why GH was shut out of Best Show, but it doesn't explain the snubs for writing, directing, Lead actress and JT as the only person to make it in a lead category. There was a reason for this, but I guess Redzilla will fix all that ails GH. Let's see Roger didn't, Michael Easton didn't and Maura West didn't, so Staffordshire is our last hope.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was actually surprised that Maura didn't get a nom, unless it's really some kind of CBS conspiracy against her with that voting block (I don't understand any of this procedure, and don't mean to pretend that I do). She's won previously and I always thought she had a good rep in the industry as a talent, and while she's not everyone's cup of tea she had some pretty good scenes to submit.

• Members

Forgot to mention that Colleen Zink didn't have kind words to say about the crypt [awkward]sex. She didn't find it sexy and was too much for Daytime.

I agree with her. I didn't have a problem with Scummy/Ava having sex in the crypt, but it was chem free and MW looked so uncomfortable. There were better ways to do that. The trick is to not shock the audience by how far you are willing to go but to show us how vile these 2 people are. It was too graphic for no reason. Having sex in a crypt is disgusting enough in its own right. How much more did we really need to see, especially like that?

• Members

The whole thing was just unsexy and poorly choreographed. At one point Sonny had Ava pinned up against the wall and Mo looked like he was doing lunges for some reason. It was so bizarre. And of course they had to imply that Ava was going down on him. Barf.

Archived