Y&R: TVGuide Jill Farren Phelps Interview

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting read.

Ian and Mariah connection is a rewrite.

Mariah being Fake Cassie is not a rewrite.

Mariah will not be reformed. She will go to great lengths to get what she wants, which is what? JFP didn't say. Is it the Newman wealth? Or is it Tyler? Or is it wealth in general?

• Members

What I find most disturbing are the comments about Ray Wise. They caused a Muhney-esque deja vu. Ian is a dispicable predator who raped young girls in a CULT he founded. He changed his name to continue doing it. We saw he had intentions of continuing with Summer BEFORE he knew she was related to Nikki.

Ian's SL was so disturbing to fans that Bill Bell dropped it. And now because fans love RW, they are bringing this predator back.

Amazing.... the things they give some fans.

How about don't write talented acters into corners instead of trying to make us accept the unacceptable. Again.

I am not feeling a lot of respect for JFP's decisions at the moment. It's getting more and more like it was the last year of MAB's reign.

• Members

I liked Ray Wise as Ian Ward, because I like Ray Wise as an actor. He does a good job playing devilish characters and even the devil (see Reaper.) I think the character is an awful human being and shouldn't be lauded or applauded for his behavior. As long as he stays the villain, the characters in town don't act like idiots by being duped by him for no reason and isn't written as heroic I have no problem with the character being on canvas.

• Members

Nice try, Phelpsie but I ain't buying what you're selling right now.laugh.png

We've already talked to 'The Hand' or is it 'the Wrist' that was clearly darker at first (or at least deeply tanned) that transitioned to CG's very fair skinned hue. And the Tats don't match.

Also, early on Tyler told his sister Leslie that Lily reminded him of Mariah. Really?? In what way would that be? And this was before Bitchy Lily emerged, by the way. If anyone can tell me the ways in which Mariah and Lily are so similar, I'd love to know.

I'll wait...blink.png

I call Bulls**t on JFP's explanation.

As for Yvonne Zima-- please, I beg of you, let's not make a sad situation even worse. At least CG can act!

Archived