Top 13 Child Actors on Daytime Soap Operas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
I think that's one of the cuter qualities about him, the fact that he can't roll some of the letters off his tongue, like the R's. I think he has a little bit of lipse too which is another cute-kid quality. He can also act with his voice - it changes in tone depending on the mood/emotion he's playing....unlike the kids who play Cameron and Emma. They always sound the same. He's always pretty good with facial expressions (like the picture above).

I don't think Spencer is generic at all:

- he has the family background

- he has a larger vocabulary than the other kids

- he confronted Luke when he thought his uncle Sonny was in danger

- he has a sense of romance, even though he's gone about it the wrong way

- he has the "rich wardrobe"

- he had those good scenes with Sonny when his heart was broken

- he's trying to protect Emma

If they're gonna give any of the kids a lot to do, I'm glad it's him.

• Members

My favorite kid on GH is Aidan... cuz we never see him. Thank god. I hate the pre-schooler stuff.

Out of the three Leone is the less annoying though. Probably becuz we dont see him too much either. But i thought his scenes with Ric were nicely played.

The Spencer kid is handed way too much material which only Dakota fanningback in her child actor days should be allowed to get away with.

The less said about the girl who plays Emma the better.

Soap kids should be relegated to christmas parthy and occasional school play.

• Members

Of current soaps only? Give me a break.

Honestly I think I can only name a few child actors to actually make me care and they are Camryn Crimes, Conci Nelson, Andrea Barber, and Hayden Panettiere off the top of my head. Same with the Will actor on ATWT before Jesse Soffer took over but I can't remember his name.

The kid from Baywatch and the fat kid on B&B were always funny as Rick and CJ.

On the other hand, on GL Kimberly J Brown as Marah and that kid who played Shayne tortured us for a good five, six, maybe seven years at the most.

The kids playing Johnny and Theo on Days have always been good and at least memorable.

• Members

Meh. Only ones on this list I find to be good and remotely interesting are Theo and Ciara. Ciara, though the generic bad seed, should be #1 because that little girl is good. Her snappy exchanges with adults (especially Sami) are hilarious, and I find her refreshing because she plays on history; she's that naughty Brady girl, following suit of her elder cousins--Eve, Sami, Chelsea, and Stephanie. And love the dynamic between Theo and Ciara.

I like the little actress that plays Emma but she ain't all that. They write her too saccharine and it doesn't help that actress portrays it that way too.

Kids on soaps have captivated me because they are all written the same--bratty, annoying demon seeds. Only kids that pulled at my heart strings and made me care were Cassie on YR, Michelle/Bill/Ben on GL, and Alli (Lindsey Lohan pre-coke whore) on AW. They all had depth to them IMO.

• Members

To me most of that is generic spoiled rich kid, mixed with some old Our Gang type stuff that makes me cringe in 2014. I also think his family background makes his character a flop, because none of who he is matches up to who Spencer would be - Nik was never like this as a child or a young man that we know of. Lesley wouldn't allow this. Most of the Cassadines never acted like this.

But if you enjoy him I'm not going to take that away from you. More power to you. I won't say anything more.

Archived