Worst Television Series Finales of All Time?

VirginiaHamilton

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish The Colbys hadn't been canceled so we could've seen how they resolved that cliffhanger. Overall, The Colbys, especially the second season was very good. MUCH better than Dynasty was at that time. I thought overall it was a great finale, including the "WTF?!" shock of Fallon being abducted by a UFO. Unlike Dynasty, The Colbys was well-paced and had follow through with it's stories. It wasn't boring or thrown together like Dynasty. Speaking of, I thought the Dynasty finale was excellent. Of course it ended on a cliffhanger, but that was it's best season and I felt that was a satisfying end to such a strong season. In this case I'm glad they went balls out in hopes of another season.

In terms of soaps, I thought the series finale of Dallas was terrible. They brought back some great characters like Cally, Sue Ellen, Gary and Valene (especially the latter two, who hadn't been on Dallas in ages), then proceeded to waste them on a Christmas Carol rip-off. Can you imagine if those characters had truly come back? With so many characters leaving Southfork at that point, it would've been nice to fill that house up again. I will never understand the purpose of that episode. Even if they didn't know the show was ending it still doesn't make sense as a season ender. Just a waste of time.

• Members

I didn't really like the Little House finale. Granted, by then the show was a shadow of its former self, with a number of the longtime cast having moved on and the show trying to recreate its history with new characters and families. But, still, having some nasty tycoon say he owns the town and then the Walnut Grovians blow it all up, followed by some bunnies hopping around at the end, as if we were to imagine the community would rebuild itself somewhere, somehow...I don't know. I just would have liked a different ending.

• Members

I couldn't agree more with both statements.

I was never that much into DYNASTY as it was a clusterf*ck for most of i's run and every scene not including Joan Collins, but The Colbys in its second season was very good. The cast was much stronger than on the mother-show and sow as the writing.

And likewise with DALLAS: this finale was one big conundrum. ;-)

• Members

Don't quote me on this, but I might have heard somewhere that Michael Landon did the finale that way in order to prevent NBC from using the sets, either for another series or another spinoff (can't recall which).

I agree with Chris' words regarding the finale of DALLAS. If its purpose was to convince the network they deserved another season, then they failed. Miserably.

• Members

Yes, Michael Landon wrote the finale basically fulfilling his vision for the ending but as a viewer imagining what the characters (of any show) might have done after the finale, I guess I just wanted to imagine the folks of Walnut Grove continuing on with their little community.

• Members

I hope after Dynasty is completed on dvd that we get The Colbys on dvd.

As for Dallas...it was a bad ending ...thats why VP refused to return because she thought the script was awful. I couldnt see Bobby being a player with the females without JR there...that was pure nonsense...lol..

• Members

As radical as the LHOTP finale was, I still "get" it and am okay with it. Oh, in a HEARTBEAT, I would trade it for a big, epic, melodramatic, heartwarming reunion in Walnut Grove where all of the characters we knew and loved gathered together in the middle of the town, but what we actually got wasn't too bad for me.

Meanwhile, the Waltons series finale was centered around the Baldwin sisters having a class reunion or some sh!t? Get out.

Archived