Mariah Carey Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I  would. That song was and still is amazing and played still all the time with a lot of her music on the radio everyday.... I don't find her irrelevant. She can still sing. I also do not compare her to JLo.  To be honest JLo may have fans but I don't care for her music and never did, sure she is pretty but I don't care for her music at all....

I loved her so much around this time in this video when she 1st became popular... I used to have my hair exactly like her and my hair is naturally curly (not that it matters no I am not AA but European w/with olive skin complexion)….Don't ask why I blow it out str8...Now looking here again, makes me want to stop blowing it str8...Anywhoo. She looks fabulous here and her voice outstanding. 

This song also shows me how she can still sing and perform, she did a remake--

This remake is also so beautiful-

Edited by BellaCuore

• Members

tumblr_nohxy1ccRy1r3i2kko1_540.jpg

I know she was heavy and still inappropriate but that pic is photoshopped?   I just looked it up. I knew she had gotten heavy but I knew she did not look like that pic that is posted. I saw several and they are the same as this pic I am posting. Obviously somebody wanted her to look more heavy than the actual photo. 

Edited by BellaCuore

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

She's pretty much a Christmas artist at this point, so might as well (no one has been checking for new un-holiday music from her). 

I also think Billboard really needs to examine these chart rules - these Christmas songs will completely fall off in 2 weeks time. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I’m torn on that. If the charts are supposed to reflect what people are listening to, it’s harder to think of a song more ubiquitous right now than “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” But she may literally hit No. 1 every year from here on out (and ironically eventually reclaim her record from “Old Town Road,” just with non-consecutive weeks).

What’s interesting is how much a boost Brenda Lee’s even-older “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” has gotten.