Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The actual Christmas Day episode was nothing to write home about. There was a LOT of solemnity in this one. I expected there to be some sadness but this was downright morose.

As for Hillary and Jack, hm, I think I'd prefer that they bond in a way that may get people questioning the nature of their relationship (get busybodies like Abby and Nikki wondering) but in reality have it remain platonic. You can have Lily accuse her of being a gold-digger (Lily: see, I knew you had an agenda ever since you landed in this town...) and Mason, provided he's not in jail for identity fraud, can compliment Hillary on her ambition to get big money/company stock, etc and want to get in on 'the take'. Hillary might respond with something like:

Hillary

Oh yeah, right, that's why I've been working my azz off earning back credibility, just so I can scam my boss, that makes sense-

Mason

Hey, don't forget, I was working a 9-5 when I was running my hustle on Devon.

With all these characters questioning her evolving relationship with her boss and doubting her motives, Hillary flashes back to the conversation that she had with Sharon, who advised her that people in GC never let you forget your past mistakes, so Hillary decides she doesn't give a rip what other people think. Hillary being the mischievous minx that she is, even decides that it might be a little fun to court controversy and keep self righteous people like Lily guessing.

And if they do decide to try Devon and Hillary, there will be an added layer of tension there.

• Members
SOC and soaps.com for one...are we allowed to posts links to threads from other boards? If so I will link them. I am not saying it is massive but it is more than with Jack.

But where are all these people rooting for this young vibrant woman to be paired with old man Jack?

• Members

chicklitandfantasies...I just want to thank you for idea to look through the tags on twitter. They are giving me life on this Christmas night. LOL.

Oh...and still no big push for Jack and Hilary seen in any combination of tags...but Devon and Hilary...I see talk and lots of people like it.l..surprised by liking them but likiong them all the same. LOL

• Members

I can only speak for myself and I agree. Jack paired up with a 20 something. Ugh! No thank you. It was bad enough when he was with Sharon. I'd much rather see Hilary with Devon. If they really want to mix up the bubbles these characters are in they should put Hilary in the orbit or Nick, Dylan or Billy.

• Members

Courtney has parents and an older sister and...Zach? Who is Alex? I hope we're not expected to believe they're related too. (What happened to Courtney's drug use?)

I'm sorry, but the never ending saga of Jill and the cheap ass music box from Big Lots! is boring the hell outta me. I can't wait to see her snipe at Devon tomorrow though.

• Members

I also can get behind the pairing of Billy and Hilary. I think MM and DT would look great together..and the story is there with her relationship with Jill and working at Jabot. Oooohhh. It could be great...then throw in devon as a third party or full blown triangle.

• Members

Jack and Hilary could be GREAT story-wise. She's very much like a younger Jill and that would only add to it. My fanfic way of doing it would be to have Jill and Jack accept their similarities and relieve their past fun and decide to get together again. Her bitterness caused him to stray with Hilary and voila, you have tons of drama to pull from. But in all honesty, I hope they DON'T go that route OR put her with Jack, because that would be too obvious. I feel like there are so many different things HIlary can do. They need to go slow and no commit. What they're doing now by testing her with the cast is smart.

Overall, I will say the show is doing a better job of mixing the cast up. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm curious to see where these writers are after having a few months at the helm.

• Members

MM who plays Hilary reminds me of a young Bianca Lawson (who played slayer Kendra on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and was in Save the Last Dance). She really has this slinky, vixeny presence and I can't take my eyes off her whenever she has scenes. I like her metorshi with Jack, too, and if David Tom brings it as Billy, I'd be interested to see their chemistry with each other.

Archived