NBC is reviving Murder She Wrote

YRBB

• Members

I adore Blair Underwood, but I could not stop laughing and feeling terrible about the ads with him rolling around (and I grew up disabled). He finally gets a big series and it's in a wheelchair. And then they kept trying to make him look all imposing wheeling about.

I love Octavia Spencer and I think this is a decent idea, but I fear this will end the same and then NBC will blame it on black stars.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least with Murder She Wrote I kind of understand trying to cash in on that demographic and/or cache of the previous show. I'm sorry...I never got why they'd attempt to revamp Ironside. Not that it wasn't somewhat successful back in the day, but it's one of those tv shows that's kind of been forgotten, other than the fact it starred Raymond Burr.

• Members

I'll admit that when I saw this I wondered how much of it is NBC trying to follow in the footsteps of Scandal and Sleepy Hollow. So far we have two shows led by black females that have become hits and one that tanked (Deception). I'll reserve judgment until learning more details and no matter what, I'm for anything that puts Octavia on my TV screen.

• Members

Don't forget NBC's slogan a few years ago "We Luh Dem Negros" all because they hired Underwood and Terrence Howard??? When I saw those promos, my heart broke a little more each time.

NBC has been a below par network for quite a few years, and they are only holding onto SVU because they don't have any other shows with longevity. The audience just has no confidence in the network. Didn't take Revolution long to tank.

• Members

My dad had some DVR'd, it was a charming show, even if a little slow at times as Khan said. I was really impressed that Jill had even booked such a role.

At any rate, looking forward to Chaka Khan scatting out that iconic theme song ("Scoot-doot-doot-DOOT-doo, doot-DOOT-doo, Scoot-dooo...").

• Members

I just don't see this going well...

Lansbury owns the original series through her Corymore Productions company, but Universal (which explains the NBC connection) would likely own the premise, rather than the produced episodes that Lansbury does.

I just don't see this show working. The charm of the original series was Angela Lansbury. She was the only constant presence on that series, it was a true 'Star Vehicle' in that she WAS the show.

Octavia, who I love, can't carry this on her own, and asking Lansbury to be part of the show proves that.

• Members

I absolutely love murder she wrote. Like I watch it nearly every night before bed or when nothing is on.

I am happy that they are not doing a straight up remake but making it modern and changing it up a. Bit. I'll totally give it a shot and think OS is a great choice.

Archived