DAYS: Actor returning

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have mixed feelings about this. I really do like Drake.. but I also agree Marlena is so much better without him. I think in Days' current capacity, Drake would work so much better as a recurring "pop up" character appearing once or twice a month.. He could still be married to Marlena, so the two of them could still be a couple.. however if John only popped up once or twice a month then Marlena could definitely still drive story without John, but John could still show up as a "patriarch" and show up at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and to support Sami, Will, Eric... etc...

• Members

During all these years, DH could've taken acting lessons. There is no reason for him to be THIS bad. I've always disliked him, but it stemmed from the fact that he always brought he acting partners down several notches. Not one attempt to improve his skills. I've never gotten the appeal of DH and why with so many other talented actors that John Black or whoever his character is, they didn't recast. Whatever.

• Members

I agree that it'd be best to have him pop up every now and then in a Doug-and-Julie capacity. Doug & Julie were placed in storyline siberia way back when in 1984. Not sure of either actors' age at the time, but Drake is well past the age they were at the time.

Deidre shines on her own, and Marlena isn't suffering either. If anything, have John & Marlena patch things up and then he can continue to live in Salem offscreen, reviving Basic Black or some such nonsense.

Archived