Pet Peeves!

SFK

• Members

In no particular order...

-when people don't have the courtesy to hold their gas in enclosed spaces

-when people grab food off your plate

-when people tell you how gross the food you're eating looks/smells

-popping gum

-making disgusting/obnoxious noises while eating (smacking, sucking, slurping, squishing)... mouth breathers eating cold cereal is the worst

-talking loudly so people can hear your conversation, and stealing a glance over at them to make sure they're listening

-clapping your hands to emphasize your points while arguing

-ending every sentence with, "this, that, and the third" (used to be, "blase, blase"... and, "at the end of the day" is starting to get to me)

-"bornday"

-when people abuse "LOL"

-"Umm(m...)"

-*SO*, as in the way they used it on Friends ("Okay, that is *SO* not what we're talking about right now...")

-when an actor talks "naturalistically" with food in his/her mouth, all twist-mouthed

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-when someone keeps sniffing his/her runny nose instead of blowing it (also people who snort in the morning)

-when I can hear the music coming out of someone's earphones, especially when lyrics are discernable (also people singing aloud along with the music)

-when people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom

• Members

-mouth sounds are the worst.

-sandals on men. NO!

-sweat pants in public. You're probably a rachect whore and if you're not you deserve to be treated like one.

-leaving pen caps off pens when not in use ... leaving any bottles/jars/containers (etc) open after each and any use - Let's have some decorum assholes.

-people who use speaker phone ... no one wants to hear your nails on a chalkboard voice or your inspipid conversation. Please die.

-people that don't know how to correctly have a conversation ... once I answer your worthless question don't proceed to keep asking the same thing over and over because "you don't understand." Please die. Mercilessly.

• Members

-when someone who is not all that good looking swears to GAWT that they are

-when you're talking to someone on the phone and they're watching TV and can barely string a sentence together because they're attention is split (*hangs up*)

• Members

When someone runs through a red light while you're waiting to make a turn....Which is why you always wait at the light.

When someone passes the double lines and zips down the road.....The road is not a race track!angry.png

People talking on cell phones in stores...I don't want to to hear your converstion and watch what you're

doing so I don't hit you with my cart...lol

• Members

When I hear someone say "conversate"

People who eat on the subway or bus

Women with butts far too big for that Britney Spears outfit they are trying to sport and the rolls hang over the pants and you can see their colored underwear/thong/whatever

People who spend a year and day at the cashier as if their order is so interesting and unique and then wait until they get told how much the total is to in slow motion reach for their purse or wallet and fumble around one bill at a time. Say what you want, you know it is going to be five bucks, and have the money in your hand please when ordering.

• Members

WOW!! You all make me seem easy going!!

I have something called Aspergers Syndrome and my pet peeves are centered around that.

• I hate how people think that since Einstein supposedly had it I am excellent and Math and Science. I AM NOT!!! You will be surprised how many people say something like "Hey I heard you have Aspergers like Einstein so can you help me with my Calculus??"
  • I hate it when people who are curious about my disorder ask my parents for an example of how I am and they say "Watch Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory." That is possibly my biggest one!!
  • People tend to pressure me to work as a computer programmer because Bill Gates supposedly has it. That said, I like retro computers like Apple II because I like retro computer games.
  • I have a tendency of not being able to read body language the way "Normal People" can so online message boards can be an issue since all it is, is text. That said, I am not an idiot. People in both the online world and outside world will twist what they say and use the fact I have this learning disability as a way to manipulate me. In the outside world someone will talk smack about me and my loved ones then when I tell them to stop they will go "Oh, when I said you look like a Fag and your mother is a whore I was only joking!! You see, your aspergers was preventing you to notice my humor."
  • I hate the people that Romanticize the disability and force me to look at the positives. I just wish those people can live a day in my shoes and realize how hard it is to joke and communicate/connect with people. For instance things such as Eye Contact when talking with someone is a conscious effort. Feels the same way as trying to hold a cup of ice water in mid-air without putting it down or spilling it/moving it for 20 minutes or so. I honestly don't see how I am able to view what I have as happy and rose-colored.

I will think of more later.

Archived