AMC Week of September 2, 2013

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think people just want to see Jane do something before tossing her away. With Miranda and AJ, I think some wanted that pairing forever....

While I like the new AMC, I think it is very erasable meaning as there were so few episodes other than a few scenes most of the show is easily forgettable.

• Members

LOL! I can't explain what it is I like about Jane. Part of it is the fact that I really like Heather Roop. I just do. She's been given so little to do and showed up for all of it.

Part of it is the fact that in my head she's Giles from BtVS. She's that character who's job is ostensibly to just serve the "core" but we slowly and eventually learn more and more about them until they become this amazing character in their own right. Giles started out solely as the foil for the Scoobies but by the end he was COMPLETELY badass. The moment Jane broke up the fight between AJ and Hunter then called out all those kids for tormenting Miranda on social media, I was a fan. She was strong, straightfoward and willing to jump into the fray. I love that in a female character.

It's a lot of the same thing that made me love Shannon Kane's Natalia so much that I was able and willing to ignore the character's noxious origins. After years of bony bimbos clickety-clacking through the Fusion offices, I was so happy to see a woman written with a brain and a desire to accomplish something more than creating a new perfume.

• Members

"Part of it is the fact that in my head she's Giles from BtVS. She's that character who's job is ostensibly to just serve the "core" but we slowly and eventually learn more and more about them until they become this amazing character in their own right. Giles started out solely as the foil for the Scoobies but by the end he was COMPLETELY badass."

I love this. If they do continue, I kinda wish that they would do a slow reveal of her...

• Members

I (drunk) tweeted my Jane/Giles theory to Heather. She said that she loved the idea. I think she'd welcome the concept of the basement of Jane's Addiction turning into PVH's version of Sunnydale High library.

To a larger point, whatever issues Buffy had over the years, I think that Giles' evolution was a really great example of how to take a somewhat peripheral character and make him three dimensional without changing his essence.

• Members

IA. She's boring and there's nothing to her. She doesn't really serve much of a purpose and her position could be fulfilled by any random extra as that's what she tends to amount to in most of her scenes. I don't get why people are so enthralled by a character that after 4 months is still barely a character

The AJ/Miranda love was pretty high when the show began but that's since died down. I never thought they were all that to begin with

• 2 months later...

Archived