AMC Week of September 2, 2013

• Members

Don't they film out of order too?. Maybe they had other stuff in the can for certain stories but not necessarily enough stuff to make more full eps?

I wish the delayed taping was something simply like MEK's availability but I just don't think that's it. And I doubt they'd delay for one person.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JR killed his mother. JR essentially did ruin his life as everything changed after that. Any semblance of a family he had was destroyed by JR. He's been trying to survive and move forward which has been doing but JR back in his life now was most certainly going to affect him, especially when he sees JR repeating the same mistakes which caused AJ so much pain 5 years ago. Not getting his way and he resorts to using drugs, anger, blowing up at people, etc....these are all way too familiar to AJ. Its definetly understandable why he'd want to no part in that and would rather JR not taint him and the life he's trying to make for himself.

• Members

Holding up taping for one person would be really irresponsible. Better to start shooting the other stories and get what they could in the can. Plus, let's be honest, it's not like MEK is this tremendously in-demand actor.

Where does the ABC lawsuit stand? I could see that being more responsible for a delay. But again, if it means that next season things run smoother then I'm happy for them to take their time. They rushed to get up and running so now is a good time to take a breath.

• Members

Babe died in the tornado saving AJ's Life. Marissa was his aunt who was killed accidently by her father David (He pulled the trigger)

Aj it seems also has anger issues the way he yells at people and alway throws punches. Maybe he is more like his Dad than he would like to admit

• Members

thanks for the history lesson but I know AJ's relations to the Carey girls. In case you missed it, Marissa ADOPTED AJ. She was legally his mother and she raised him. when the show went off the air, he was calling her mommy and he's since referred to her as such since the reboot. He's never once talked about his dead aunt Marissa. He refers to her as his late mother, bc thats who she is. People who adopt count as parents and the kids they adopt should be considered their children.

JR killed Marissa. Its splitting hairs to not have him held accountable. He was a raging drunk whom went to a party with a gun and it was to hurt someone. AJ isnt stupid enough to believe that Marissa wouldnt be dead if A) JR wasnt drinking and B.) he didnt come loaded with a gun. His mother is dead bc of JR and now he has to look at him every single day. David tried to stop JR and had no ill intent; JR however did. I think AJ understands that

• Members

Notwithstanding the fact that Marissa did adopt him and that AJ referred to her as his mother on AMC 1.0, I don't recall AJ referring to Marissa as his "mother" or anyone else specifically referring to her as such on AMC 2.0. With that said, AJ has a ton of issues with his father - and with the rest of his family - which he seems all too pleased to avoid dealing with/talking about.

So, Dimitri's entire plan to win Brooke over consists of bad-mouthing Adam and ripping apart Adam's son to the point where he made JR look calm, kind and rational by comparison? Um, just...no.

Liked the Heather/AJ scene and as much as I like AJ/Miranda - I'm glad that Heather hasn't been thrown under the bus to make it happen (yet).

• Members

I would have mostly good things to say about this ep as a standard ep. As a finale, a little weak/sleepy but obviously like everyone has said unplanned & doesn't take away from what was a strong season. OLTL had a more uneven season but by happenstance was just in a better FINALE! place.

I really think the Celia story is being completely retooled for S2 given that we didn't see her and all the stuff in SOD the past several weeks did not end up being any sort of cliffhanger. I was disappointed not to get something on the visions/guardian front but I'm looking forward to it in season 2. Especially given the SOD previews indicating that it won't be all schmoopy Pelia all the time.

I LOVED Dimitri as a kid and still do but I just didn't love this particular Brooke/Dimitri stuff. Maybe its the absence of Erica & Adam on the canvas. Maybe its writing, I don't know- I was onboard initially. I do think it could still work if they play up the Chandler kids, which is where it seems to be going.

I'm glad that JR/Cara aren't totally trashed beyond anything. But he confuses me- is he scheming? is he remorseful? Obviously its some combo of both but I wasn't feeling him this week either- like Marceline said, his arc ended in a solid place last week. I would have rather seen Anders/Dixie more especially given the Tad tag.

The Cass/Colby friendship was one of the best things they did this season so I'm glad it seems to be a thread they'll continue. I continue to love David/Colby in all their scenes. I liked that she stood up for JR, I liked that he was manipulating her but also giving it to her straight. Liza is AWOL? Really? That feels off.

I liked the Miranda montage even though I'm mostly just tired of Miranda pining for him. I LOVED AJ/Heather being real teenagers. I always love Heather but this scene was particularly good & she was too funny when JR busted in. I really hope she's not collateral damage to the MirAJ pairing in S2. She's a good actress with a fun presence, she's been worked in nicely & there's no reason she couldn't work in other stories.

I can't comment coherently on Tad because I'm laughing too hard over Vee's suicide clown remarks. I think they obviously had to get him at some point and that at least gave them some something for the finale. I haven't missed him much but I'm sure I will be all nostalgic & happy when he returns to PV.

Agree 10000%. Both shows have me all in & wanting S2 immediately, which is a great thing. I've stopped looking much at the show Twitters & FBs because I'm tired of fans yelling at them about the seasonal model ("soap opera don't have seasons!" over and over and over) or implying some sort of bait and switch. They clearly bit off more than they could chew initially, rushed like crazy & had problems. Somehow they still put out quality products and had me excited for each new ep in a way I hadn't been for any soap in years. But I want PP to be more stable going forward & have a plan that they do not deviate from for S2. If that takes some time, so be it. I'll still be waiting eagerly in a few months.

• Members

I loved the Pete and JR comparison, and the truth in it.

I love Bradam, but there is also some truth to Dimitri's comments. I think the point of the kiss between Brooke and Dimitri - come season 2 Brooke will be flashing back to it - it will be under her skin despite her love for Adam.

I'm interested to see JR's plan to try and take over Chandler.

I wonder how long Tad will stick around (although suspect it won't be a full season, but more of an arc).

It's good to wonder what the second season will bring.

• Members

If season 2 don't happen now. I'm gonna just scream since Tad was my reason for starting to watch old AMC back in 2007. And, he was my top favorite character and I had missed him this whole season (probably why I only just watched on and off)

The return of Thaddeus makes me happy and sad at the same time because I don't want to invest in the thought of him being back for next season before we even know if they've resumed production and if they even will.

Also. Damn. Miranda you silly. You should have scalped those tickets not ripped them up.

• Members

As most said I thought it was a decent ending, though I was disappointed to see we only got one episode. I agree with Marceline, Vee and others that I'm ok waiting for them to get everything lined up for season 2--however I do think to keep some sort of momentum they should announce some sort of date (even if it's vague like Winter or Dec or whatever.) Of course if they then miss that date they'll get the wrath of even more fans, so...

Archived