AMC Week of September 2, 2013

• Members

I disagree. I think it's obvious that he's legitimately interested in Brooke. Yes, he's been a bit of a macho control freak but the same could be said for Adam's behavior over the years. I could see Dimitri eventually getting used to the power and deciding to take over Chandler but we've seen nothing onscreen so far to tell us that his interest in Brooke is anything other than genuine.

In S2, I think we're looking at Dimitri/Brooke vs. JR/Colby. I just hope we can get Adam back in the mix.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree.  When Dimitri and Brooke had their flirtation/involvement, it was Dimitri who fell in love with Brooke when she wasn't emotionally available to pursue a relationship.  When Brooke was ready, Dimitri had moved on - I think their emotional past is playing into their current relationship

• Members

Adam is JR's father who privately lambasted him for insulting the woman he's going to marry and the potential business fall out his behavior could cause. Dimitri is an EMPLOYEE working for Adam's company (hired by Brooke) who routinely bad-mouths JR and Colby in their home and in their father's place of business to whomever will listen. There is a HUGE difference between the two. As JR's father, Adam has a right to call him out for his behavior toward Brooke and how it effects the company he built. As a Chandler employee, Dimitri has ZERO right.

As to ownership of the house - it is unclear whether Brooke owns the house or whether Adam owns it (since she gave it to him as a gift in the ABC finale). Regardless of who actually owns it, it is JR and Colby's home.

I guess I would prefer a story where Dimitri's "feelings" for Brooke were more a red herring than genuine. It would be more interesting to me that way since I really have no interest in the pairing. Either way, ITA that they are setting up Dimitri/Brooke vs. JR/Colby.

With all of that said, I love that JR/Colby aren't arbitrarily going after "innocent" parties here. They have legitimate reasons to question Brooke's loyalty to Adam and even more legitimate reasons to be pissed at her for allowing Dimitri's behavior toward them to continue.

• Members

You are completely entitled to your opinion, but wow, I couldn't disagree more with your assessment.

JR lost the house to foreclosure. Brooke purchased it and presented it as a gift to Adam. The Chandler Mansion belongs to Brooke AND Adam, if anything, not Adam's children. And I suspect it will be much like Monica owning the Q homestead on GH. JR is lucky he's allowed to step foot in the house again after bringing a gun to a party, and being responsible for someone's death because of it (regardless of who pulled the trigger). Colby scoffs at actual work, and expects money to just be handed to her, and is also lucky to have a roof over her ungrateful head.

Dimitri was harsh with JR, but his comments were bloody accurate.

GS brought MN back because she adores him, and I suspect she enjoys him stirring the pot, and feel it is unlikely that she would paint him as such a bad guy without any moral compass, as mixed up and misguided as it might be. Dimitri will rationalize that the woman he is falling in love with deserves much, much more than being neglected by Adam and trashed by his children. He will make decisions that he thinks are right for Brooke, even if they are not ultimately in her best interest, because he will believe in the long run, he is the man to make her happy.

• Members

I still don't get why MMcP and ES were ousted as HWs. I think they did a highly commendable job of writing this show from start to finish of season one. There may have been a few missteps along the way, but they were basically true to the history of the show and the characters while creating engaging stories and situations. AMC 2.0 seemed a lot more real and less plot driven than the last seven or eight years of AMC. If they'd been telling these kinds of stories AMC would probably still be on the network.

• Members

I think after some shaky starts (like Pete and Celia's instant romance) they did a fine job.

I stand by what I and others have said before--that this was probably the plan of PP all along. They needed writers fast--MMcP had just won an Emmy so they grabbed her, but once the show got going they probably saw they could promote a cheaper writer from within. Not exactly the most ethical plan but it does make sense.

• Members

I think you're misunderstanding me. The Chandler mansion is JR and Colby's home because they were raised there (for the most part) and live there now - not because it legally belongs to them. The Chandler mansion is their home. Period.

I am also not disputing the fact that they are brats, but they are Adam's brats. As such it is not too much for them to expect that the woman their father is going to marry (i.e Brooke) would do something to stop one of their father's EMPLOYEES (i.e. Dimitri) from constantly insulting them and bad mouthing them to anyone who will listen. If she wants to privately call them out on their behavior - that's fine. She's family. She's been involved with these kids for most of their lives and is engaged to their father. But, Dimitri? No.

Brooke doesn't get to have it both ways here. She doesn't get to allow Dimitri to continually insult Adam's kids and then become upset when they are disrespectful towards her as an end result. That's why I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for her here. A lot of her issues with JR and Colby are of her own making and Dimitri is the main reason why. This is not to say that I'd expect a huge love fest between Brooke and these kids if Dimitri weren't around, just that I think they have a legitimate right to be pissed off.

All I know is that if the woman my father was going to marry allowed an outsider/employee at my father's company to continually be insulting and disrespectful toward my brother and I, I'd be pissed and wouldn't have a whole lot of respect for my future step-mother.

• Members

I don't have much to complain about but I do hope we see more heather. I don't think they were planning on her being as popular as she is. I think she is easily the most popular new character (not counting the kids when the series ended). I wonder if they will make Heather and AJ the "It" Couple??

• Members

That concept of Chandler Mansion being Colby and JR's house because they were raised there so they have every right to live there until there dying breath is great in a world that is rose-colored. Unfortunately, this is a soap. Soap worlds are not rose colored!! They are about human predicaments and developments. The fact that Brooke owns the house is an obstacle, something soaps crave on like a tape-worm in a fat women's gut. I don't even remember Brooke even giving the mansion back to Adam. I only remember her telling her she bought it!! They very well could have that as a plot twist were Adam can try to through Brooke out and Brooke will show him that she legally owns it.

• Members

That's not what I'm saying either. If Brooke (or Adam) owns the mansion (exactly which one legally owns it now has not been established) and chooses to throw one or both of them out, that's cool - But, as long as Jr and Colby are welcome to live in the mansion, it is their home and IMO, they have a right to be pissed that Brooke allows Dimitri to waltz in and insult them.

• Members

There is no one cheering louder for Heather or Stevie Steel than me- I've loved her from the get go. That said, I don't think they'll trash the planned and hyped MirAJ pairing for her before it even gets off the ground. I do hope they're at least aware that Heather could be developed and utilized more.

Archived