AMC Week of September 2, 2013

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC never would have hired her mainly because of her voice. Soaps are NOT Hollywood, historically, so use too we had characters like heather that were portrayed by actors that were not perfect. I think PP is bringing the shows back to there roots by having them less hollywood and Heather is, IMO, the prime example for my theory. I hope they give her a contract.

No!! I started watching back in 2008. I have been waiting for something this dynamic!!

• Members

I'd bet every soap dollar in the world that Brooke legally owns the house... with conflict building between Colby/JR and Brooke/Dimitri, I don't doubt that the deed to the house is under the name of Brooke English.  

Truth is that she told Adam she had purchased the house, and welcomed him home.  She never actually said it was a gift to him, although I often thought of it as her version of an engagement ring to Adam.

I get what you are saying about family calling each other verses an outsider.  I guess where I differ is I think that part of his job is keeping JR in check.  

• Members

I shudder to think what would be about to happen to Heather if this was ABC. She's committing the cardinal sin of becoming increasingly popular as a character in her own right even though she's just meant to be a temporary speedbump to Miraj. If this were the Fronsverse she'd already be plotting to become pregnant by AJ or working with Hunter to have Miranda raped or arranging for Miranda to learn the truth of her conception at the next big party.

• Members

This is a little off topic but I started watching back in 2008 and it feels as if I am a new viewer though I know this show EXTREMELY well. This show feels so much like old-school AMC that it is unrecognizable from the AMC I tuned into, which is a good thing. I got hooked because of Jesse/Angie and I became a regular during the tornadoes. I thought the doom/gloom crap would end after the aftermath but I was wrong and I watched arguably the worst AMC Era ever. I don't even know why I kept watching LOL.

Anyway, Heather is like a sign that says "AMC is back, Y'all".

• Members

LOL @ the David/Jessie scenes. "Well if it isn't Pine Valley's own ex-police chief." "How's the unemployed life going?" "We're hiring security guards over at Cortech" "Oh that's right, you don't need any money, do you? Because wifey's been taking care of you for years" laugh.pnglaugh.png LMAO

Jesse stays being the king of weak comebacks "You are funny. Like a disease" WTF???

I love seeing Jesse & Angie's kitchen!

Omfg the AJ/Heather scene was perfect. I really hope their relationship continues next season. I think it'll be boring if Miranda stays jealous though, I hope she finds someone else to distract her; like I keep saying... Hunter tongue.png

Just no to that Tad ending. I could do without him for a lot longer. Double no to Uri being the one to usher him back in. I was looking forward to the Hubbards putting that past them and seeing Cass all adjusted again.

Thats not when I started watching but honestly that era was like crack for me, I don't care what anyone says, I was in High School & completely obsessed. LOL

• Members

I think Stevie Steel is a comedic star and I think if this show goes on, they will keep on utilizing her. She is just hilarious in tiny bits of business, like when J.R. walked in on them and she was chilling by the stereo, totally posed.

I think in the end, everything about a lot of PP choices comes down to money, starting with changing out the prestigious "gets" of McPherson (an Emmy winner, whatever online fans thought of her), Racina, Horgan, etc. for less pricey people from within to the seasonal format to now the indefinite "shelving" of OLTL. It's about affordable costs. And while I think Connor and Hayes can run AMC well, I have liked McPherson's (and Snyder's) work since DAYS - she's hardly the first HW in soaps to have an ego and a temper - and I loved her work at AMC. I hope that they can maintain the tone and quality, and "voice" of the show.

And hell, if PP ever gets its house fully in order and gets OLTL running again maybe they can woo McPherson over there! Or not. I doubt a lot of the ex-HWs would work for them again, sadly.

Oh, and you're all reading Heather a little wrong. If this was the McTavish or B&E era she'd be shunted off to a third or fourth-tier male player and then disappear, probably after some mild humiliation (lying to A.J., inadvertently hurting Miranda and being shunned by the town). If this was Pratt or Kreizman - or McTavish, come to think of it, she was pretty mercurial - she'd be psycho and end up dead.

• Members

The whole rewrite on Marrisa's death doesn't even matter if this were real the circumstance wouldn't matter and JR would be the proximate cause of Marissa's death and be in jail for murder.

Besides that the "David's finger print was on the trigger" thing doesn't work because hello! He picked up the gun and shot JR with it, of course his finger print is on the trigger, it doesn't prove who pulled the trigger when Marissa was shot at all. That whole rewrite was just so sloppily done.

• Members

From SOD, here's what was supposed to happen in Jane's storyline in the finale. Explains the jarring editing with Zach and Lea, too.

Nothing new on the guardian front, looks like there was nothing new to tell there. Tad's appearance also isn't mentioned, that was definitely a dropped in scene. The preview for season two does say "Will Tad become an obstacle for Dixie and Anders?"

• Members

This didn't sound familiar either. This was to take place after Opal crashed Celia and Pete de-skunking.

"Opal reports back to Colby about the date going well. Colby notes that Celia is an orphan and perhaps they can find out more about her parents to figure out her story."

I didn't see anything else though. no.

• Members

Well that may explain it, but there was obviously more story to come about it in season 2. I hope they scrapped it too, it does sound boring. I hope her new story is going to be more exciting! Heather already said she's in season two, she's not being dropped.

Could be, I don't remember him saying that though. I just want to know who the woman in the picture is.

Archived