AMC Week of September 2, 2013

• Members

The comparison between JR and Pete is accurate. JR bankrupted Chandler Enterprises, and his antics lost Chandler Media Group their largest investors. Yes, JR was sabotaged, but it was his steroid use that caused the over-the-top reaction. That is on JR - no matter who sabotaged him.

Dimitri may have overstepped his executive boundaries by calling JR out, but that is a directive he was given by Brooke - to keep JR in check.

While I do think Adam has a legitimate reason for traveling, it still leaves Brooke alone to deal with his absence, and his brat kids. Brooke loves Adam, no doubt, no question, but the attraction to Dimitri is real, whether she can admit it to herself or not.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree on some sort of announcement now that both finales have passed and August has passed & its obvious the return to production in August/early September did not/is not happening. Sure some fans will b*tch but that's going to happen no matter what they do/when S2 starts. I think a lot of more rational fans would just appreciate some sliver of news.

• Members

Would it really have been that much trouble to have the west coast MORE team leave Rich & Leslie's place for a little bit to meet up with MEK somewhere and shoot the last scene? Instead we get a body double sitting in Ginger Smith's office.

I really don't think Tad will be back at the outset of S2. This seems like they were desperate to quickly come up with a bigger ending than the episode originally had, and so whether they would actually be able to follow up on it when they returned was probably the least of their concerns at the time.

They will probably say that, in the end, Tad couldn't make it. Or he decided to chase down a lead regarding Uri rather than return to PV.

Finally, if it's true that 60% of viewers are new that "cliffhanger" won't do much for them.

• Members

And what was it that caused Dimitri's over the top reaction? Seriously. Because he behaved like a 10 year old today and was so far over the line he would need a passport and a jet in order to get back close to it.

JR is no victim and is in many ways a failure at following in Adam's footsteps, but it isn't Dimitri's place as an EMPLOYEE of ADAM'S company to brow-beat ADAM'S son and lecture him on what's best. JR isn't Dimitri's child, Chandler isn't Dimitri's company and Brooke isn't Dimitri's wife, girlfriend or lover.

JMO, but the only way this story works is if Dimitri's feelings for Brooke aren't genuine, but part of a bigger plan on his part to take over Chandler by isolating her, alienating her from Adam, discrediting Adam's children, turning them against her and forcing her to turn to him for support. It will give JR/Colby's side of the fence some teeth once they go after them, will bring Adam home and will cause some real issues for Brooke and Adam and gives some reasonable explanation as to why a man who obviously doesn't need the money or the job willingly accepted both. It makes no sense that Dimitri would choose to work for Brooke (or anyone), unless he was planning to use his position to stage a coup.

I hope that is where they are going because (to me) as far as Brooke/Dimitri as a stand alone story are concerned - yawn. I don't give a crap about Dimitri's feelings or if Brooke truly loves Adam, but is tempted because she feels neglected. I can't stand Dimitri, I don't think JB/MN have chemistry and have zero interest in any story involving the two of them on their own.

• Members

That was nothing but dick measuring on Dimitri's part. Just him being macho for Brooke. Because nothing is sexier to a woman trying to hold her family and business together than a third party jumping in and talking smack, right? I was a little disappointed that Brooke didn't shut him down but it's pretty obvious that she's pretty much at wit's end and Julia is playing that perfectly. I want a scene with Brooke and Angie sitting at The Pines and indulging in some Sex and the City style drinking and bitching about their men, kids and jobs. They both need a safe place to vent. That's a fanfic waiting to be written.

So. Much. This. I had no problem for Dimitri calling out JR for costing them the investors or for his behavior at the gala. That was legitimate criticism but the moment he started talking about Palmer's son being better than Adam's, it was time for him to sit down. The wandering Eurotrash son of Hugo Marick doesn't get throw shade at anybody.

• Members

To each their own I guess.  I don't give a crap about a corporate take over just for the sake of plot driven story.  I don't think that Dimitri came on board with underhanded motives, but I do think that he may not act in Chandler Media Group's best interest because his feelings for Brooke will over-ride business decisions.  Manipulating situations so that Brooke must rely on him more and more, and smoothly/charmingly stepping in for Adam when Brooke needs emotional support.

Brooke is CEO, but she did hire Dimitri to help keep him in check.  It was her directive when she hired him.  IMHO, Brooke doesn't disagree with Dimitri's assessment of JR's business sense, she is just too polite to put him properly in place, which is one of the reasons she hired Dimitri to play the bad guy.

Nothing beats JB and DC's chemistry, it is still natural and present after 25 years, but how much Adam is on-screen is all determined by his portrayer, and the show has to work within those limitations.  JB and MN have a nice chemistry, and it seems obvious the actors are enjoying the romantic obstacle given to older actors, how it all plays out remains to be seen, but the show has so far set it up nicely.

• Members

To me, their "romantic" scenes fell flat and were downright creepy. He seems to have no respect for her wishes, her relationship with Adam or her relationship with his children when it conflicts with what he wants at any given moment. To me, he doesn't present as a "hero" who "wants what is best" for Brooke, but rather as a creepy stalker who is looking to isolate her and make her dependent only on him.

Brooke hired him to be an executive producer at Chandler Media and to "keep an eye" on JR as far as JR's involvement in its day to day runnings. She did not hire him to brow beat JR and offer his commentary on JR"s fitness as Adam's heir.

Oh and JR and Colby may be spoiled, entitled brats, but I fail to see why they shouldn't be pissed off that an EMPLOYEE whom Brooke hired gets to regularly bad mouth them in their home and their father's place of business with impunity or why Brooke would think that her rubber-stamping of Dimitri's behavior wouldn't cause conflict between her and Adam's kids. If I were them, it would piss me off.

• Members

That's why it is hard for me to buy that he is legitimately interested in her - because he has thus far shown no regard or respect for her feelings.

It works if he wants to start World War III between her and the Chandler kids so that he can swoop in and take over Chandler.

• Members

/p> Adam did give JR a tongue lashing, and from what JR reported to Cara, it was much worse than anything Dimitri said to him. While it is the Chandler Mansion, Brooke is currently the owner after she saved the family home from foreclosure. Dimitri has a sordid past, and while he is not a black hat villain, he certainly isn't a hero either. When Brooke/Dimitri had their flirtation back in 1998, even though he had Brooke's best interests at heart, he certainly didn't keep things above board in his attempts to protect her. Dimitri finds himself attracted to Brooke, he wasn't expecting it and he feels the same from her despite her love for Adam, and he went for it - I don't think it was creepy as much determined.

:)

Archived