AMC/OLTL: Take a penny, leave a penny

• Members

If Max came back with some short-run, one-season story to run a con with his kids, like something out of Matchstick Men, that I wouldn't mind. But I can't see what you'd do with them long-term, unless one of them took off as a character and there was enough space to fill. We know Arturo and Michelle aren't going to last forever.

I'd rather see Gabrielle turn up with them, though. Agnes brought Billy Clyde back.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frank and Leslie would basically be completely new characters who have the the perk of possessing a name that appeases the nostalgia junkies who are always looking to dig up some old character. Frank and Leslie are the new CJ and Sarah.

• Members

Every semi-obscure soap kid is a nobody until they decide to try and make it work. I'm not particularly inspired to try and make Frank or Leslie happen, but the same could be said for Pete Cortlandt or Cassandra before AMC decided to invest in them for real. I personally don't want or need the Holden kids back, but I think it's just a matter of who invests in it and with what actors and stories.

And C.J. and Sarah are practically cursed at this point - Sarah at least, whose every portrayer is more lame than the last, and yes, C.J. is the last unicorn and I cherish his glow - but they are characters who, while once a running joke, could always be more with real writing and story.

• Members

OLTL

Lose:

--Jack Manning- AT is a pretty weak actor. Beyond that Jack is an island. He doesn't have friends or love interests. I'm not interested in seeing Jack have a teen set built around him, not now anyway. Send Jack off to boarding school and bring him back down the line recasted and SORASED.

--Laura Harrier as Destiny. I like the character and think she has potential but LH is dragging the character down. With a good actress Destiny can be fleshed out and become more than a plot device for Dani/Matthew/Jeffrey

--David's Reality Show- Honestly who cares. David works better as a supporting player.

--Rama, Arturo (to make room for other characters)

Add;

-- Another male mid 20s, This could be Frankie Holden or a new character all together. I think mid 20s is the perfect age because he provides other romantic options for Nat, Dani, and Destiny. Some of the show's relationships (Cutter/Natalie, Jeffrey/Destiny) feel forced simply because there are limited dating options. Initially I would test him with Destiny. I'd like to see her with someone NOT in Matthew's orbit. Nat/Cutter are forced but they have chemistry so there's still potential there

--Kevin Buchanan or RJ Gannon

--Possibly Jamie Vega, She can a friend for Destiny and a possible love interest for Jeffrey

I tried to keep the cast balanced. For every character lost, another one came on and replace them

• Members

OLTL

Lose:

David's reality show.

Keep Shelter a club only (don't show it as much)

Kate/Jack

Add:

Kevin, Rachel, Tina, Cord, or just more appearances from original characters

More sets - period. Tired of looking at the same old sets every show.

Archived