AMC/OLTL: Take a penny, leave a penny

• Members

Since we're almost at the end of the season, I thought it might be interesting to do a little brainstorming. Now that we've gotten 40+ shows under our belts, name one thing you would get rid of and one thing you would add. It can be a storyline, actor, character, set, etc... but only one in each column.

For me:

AMC:

Lose - Bramwell Hall

Add - the Miranda Center preferably with Bianca back as a fulltime character. The MC would have broader story potential than Bramwell. Dixie as a counselor, Cass as a patient/client, Colby/Pete/Chandler media as supporters/fundraisers, Celia as a volunteer, Lea as a cop, Billy Clyde's redemption, the already existing ties to the Kane family, etc... the possibilities are endless.

And based on what I've read about OLTL:

Lose: The Todd/Victor nonsense. It's 1.) too problematic logistically and 2.) a damaging throwback to Frons/Carlivati era of alpha dogs and concubines. You have Blair and Tea. Let them drive story instead of playing weeping love slaves to Todd and Victor.

Add: Gannons. Any or all. RJ would be good as a friend/enemy/business opponent/partner/love interest to either Blair or Dorian. Hank would be a good friend/partner to Bo/Nora. Rachel would fit in perfectly with the Cutter/Nat/Nikki/Rama crowd and Jamie would fit in with Dani/Matthew/Jeffrey/Destiny/Michelle.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC

Lose: All of those terrible "actors" they have for recurring teens.

OLTL

Lose: The Cutter/Natalie relationship. Ignoring his part in handling sick Jessica in OL's last year makes it hard for me to get any sort of investment for the couple. Hell I don't even know what Natalie sees in him.

Add: Kevin Buchanan.

• Members

I like Bramwell Hall - so Nixon gothic. They need to make more use of it. Miranda needs to transfer there for a while and become a little Nancy Drew.

I'm too raw on these shows to begin to know yet where to cut - I need to see to the end of Season 1. Off the top of my head, though:

AMC

Add: More Bianca. A lot more. And a story for her.

Lose: I honestly don't know. I'd give everyone on the fence more time.

OLTL

Add: Kevin Buchanan and his wife, Rachel (and his son, Zane)

Lose: The reliance on RH and TSJ's schedules. Get a firm commitment on a regular basis or move on without them, even let Todd and Victor be presumed dead and bring in new men for Blair and Téa if you have to. Let the "Widows" Lord avenge their husbands by going after the tattoo organization. Just move that story. Even without that, they need to let Blair take over the Sun and Téa get back to work.

• Members

This. If I could Erica and a good story for her, I'd be happy.

Beyond that, I'd love to see the Miranda Center and more Bianca, along with more Adam Chandler. I'd love to see an actual story for Jane.

I'd lose: Billy Clyde, Dixie and her internet counseling degree, Dr. Anders (really, why is he there? Why isn't Griffin filling this role?).

• Members

Its amazing that without watching OLTL, you have me agreeing with you on both points. RJ needs to come back so that you will join us in the OLTL thread. Rachel maybe should be a little bit older than the Shelter crowd but whatever its workable or add Kevin too. Part of me wants to call the Fairman show tonight & be one of those annoying people who asks about past characters with RJ.

• Members

I am liking this idea of Seasons now...

for me for Season 2

AMC

(Add)

i do agree I would keep Bramwell Hall and possibly expand it more, I WOULD transfer Miranda there as well and maybe bring back Emma Lavery to also attend or I'd also expand the Miranda Center

I'd bring back Kathy Martin, I'd have Gabby Montgomery be shown.

I don't know what it is but I wouldn't mind a return of Enchantment (with Erica) or FUSION or maybe the Boutique or Glamorama, especially since Miranda has shown a knack for drawing have her be a fashion designer

(Lose)

I'd probably ditch Lea and Dr. Anders, maybe Hunter and Heather (or not)
OLTL
(Add)
I'd bring back Angel Square or at least show some of it.. I'd show the diner.. I'd like to see one-three of these show up Kevin, Kelly, Cassie, River, Sarah, CJ, TIna, Cord, Zane, Rachel return..
or how about at least have them show Llanview University, I kind of would like some school storylines
(Lose)
I'd get rid of Shelter or at least not show it as much.
Arturo, Kate (unless they can expand more on them)

• Members

AMC

Lose:

Dr Anders

Dixie's internet degree which she isn't credible in this role

The god awful poor acting teens and that guitar riff

Add:

Kendall, Erica, Tad. I want to see all three return

KRYSTAL. I want to have her at least mentioned and possibly visit

More visits in general. Jake, Frankie, Natalia would all be welcomed.

Liza as played by JamieLuner

Griffin. I don't know what happened here but he needs to come back

OLTL

Lose:

This stupid tattoo people story which makes no sense, barely moves and is reminiscent of the Carvilati garbage

Michelle. I think she stinks. I would have her revealed as a psycho and write her off in a bang

the actress playing Destiny. They need to recast her like they did Drew. Shes had enough time to improve and she has not

David and his stupid reality tv angle. Have he and Dorian divorce and he leaves town

Add:

Move forward with Dani and Matthew as a couple. Theres been enough setup and they should go there

Roxy! The show could use humor and she always brought it. Plus I liked the relationship between she and Natalie

Give Natalie and Cutter a story. All they have is scenes but theres no plot there

Cord and Tina. Id love to see them return in a supporting capacity. I think they could add a lot to the Clint/Viki dynamic

The Palace. Its ridiculous that all social outings (outside a small coffee break) take place at Shelter as its not appropriate for every situation. I cringed at the thought of the upcoming gala being held in a trendy nightclub for 20 somethings.

• Members

Add another one to Bramwell Hall- it could be SO GOOD & the classic Agnes feel is there. But so far its meh. I'm not willing to throw in the towel yet. I also don't hate Dr Anders.

AMC

Lose:

Hunter- We need another teen guy to round out the set and I don't believe Colvin is capable of much more than we've seen.

Love nuJR but not sure I love the steroid plot.

Add:

I love Heather and don't want to see her thrown by the wayside when AJ/Miranda get together.

Like Vee said more Bianca- I guess once Eden has her baby.

While I wasn't one who felt the show would sink without Lucci, I want her if we're getting even an inkling of Dimitri/Brooke. Short-term is fine. I'd love to see Liza too- on that note, keep doing exactly what they've been doing with Colby the past few weeks- its worked beautifully.

OLTL

Lose:

Tired of the show/Blair/Tea being hostage to the Todds when the actors can't commit right now. End the tattoo madness- so much is actually working on the show but this story turning to a dud overshadows a lot of the good.

Shelter as a character- but I think they've already basically done that, its scaled way back from May. I think the tattoo people took Dusky.

Jack and Kate- I don't hate AT & I'm not opposed to this story but where time is limited, I just don't need Jack to lead a story outside his family. Wrap this up, have Blair go all mama bear & play AT with the vets & as an ear for Dani- I could watch him & Robin Strasser every ep.

Like Amber Noyes but have her go out in a blaze of psychotic glory that makes Matthew realize he loves his son or Dani (I think Vee & my mother are slowly converting me). Get to the more organic drama with Dani/Matthew/Des/Jeffrey

Add:

RJ would be a great fit like a lot of us have been saying lately.

If set money is limited, I say bring back the Buch mansion- many people can live there. But I'm pretty neutral on sets. I think I have a soft spot for the Buch mansion from when I started watching.

I'd love a Kevin return and a short Cassie visit.

Please more stuff for Florencia even if TSJ doesn't return.

It amazes me how many fans in other places seem to want Roxy- liked her fine but do not miss her, do not want to spend limited time on her.

• Members

AMC

Add:

Erica, Kendall & Bianca all back in PV on a regular basis. A Kane family reunion event helmed by Erica. Miranda's parentage should start to unravel, as should Gabby's!

Lose:

Lea. Bitch can disappear at any time

I really would like to see how he does if the writers gave his character another note. As I've said before, the lesbian joke bullying is getting old and I think it would be interesting if Hunter had a change of heart, went behind his crews back & apologized to Miranda. Then they could fall in love ;-).

Archived