AMC/OLTL: Take a penny, leave a penny

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC:

Add-

Hillary!

At 18:03 on this episode I posted Palmer talks to Dixie about Tad and Hilliary's Breakup.

I think it is time to bring her back!!

Loose-

The opening. I am trying to like it and sometimes I do. I think the layout could work as long as they loose the images that do not have character names. I like the concept though. I also think the images with character names should be presented and styled the way they were on the 2002-2004 opening.

The images IMO would look better if they had a frame and window matting around them and the images could be fade in remain translucent for a few seconds then fade out then after a 1/2 second the next image could move by.

Kinda like here but have the images translucent:

The opening music should be the same as the last they used. I would settle for this one however:

• Members

True but its soap aging. And they haven't been on canvas since they were like 2 so they could be anywhere from 18 in real time to 30. But yes if we're being sticklers for birth years, they're a good bit older than Matthew and Jack. Its OLTL though and if Dani can exist/be older than Jack than que sera sera writers.

• Members

we had a writer who didn't give a sh-t about continuity when that happen. From all intents and purposes, the current regime seems to have a greater respect for history and I don't think they should just fall back on using the excuse, that just bc the others messed things up, we should go ahead and do the same. I think near 30 is a stretch, but they should definetly be older than Matthew. Mid 20s seems more appropriate. Bringing them back Jack's age would be ridiculous

• Members

I just don't see how Frank and Leslie Holden would fit in this day and age. That entire clan is gone. Maybe ten years ago but right now? Not unless you can get Jimmy DePaiva to turn up, and give them a real purpose. Then I guess it could work. Maybe. Sort of.

Frankly though, the show already has enough twentysomethings around at the moment. It's a tighter, smaller show on a budget and people are already acting like this show has never had a youth set before. Save those two for a rainy day. I'd sooner have seen the Noyes siblings recreate C.J. and Sarah for a brief stint - even they couldn't really hang around as major players, IMO. The cast is too focused and tight, there's no room for more detritus (and I like some of the recurring players like Bruce and Nikki, but there's officially too many [!@#$%^&*] Shelter dayplayers).

• Members

True- while I weighed in because figuring out SORASing is something I find weirdly fun, I don't think they fit right now- especially not two at once. I so wanted them to part of any other younger set in the past decade from 2003ish right up through Starr. But I don't think we have room for a Jack teen scene plus the A team (sorry Cassadine just my opinion). And like Vee said, there's a contingent that's acting like Dani & Matthew have eaten the show and are the first young characters to ever be played heavily. I think they could maybe work another guy (if/when they move Arturo from Dani's orbit which I don't want for awhile since I love that story) better than a girl into the 20s crew but I don't think its necessary. Love Jimmy DePaiva and Max- that's childhood OLTL to me, my mom's OLTL-- but I was never a Max/Blair person at all and I don't know what else they would try to do with him. Maybe someone here more creative than me has an awesome pitch though.

Archived