AMC/OLTL: Take a penny, leave a penny

• Members

Having characters rotate in and out for visits or only mentions tells me it is sloppy writing with no consistency and no continuity or stability for the shows. A show demands continuity with focus. At the end of the day, AMC and OLTL might be shows that thrive on the 4 or 5 day a week, 30 to 60 minutes a day type of shows that fare better with more regularity and continuity. The serial drama "business model" that PP is attempting to persuade the fans to buy into and be a selling point, may die a natural death and/or collapse and fail naturally. To take a Daytime Soap from the 5 day a week business model and then go all the way down to just a 1 hour serial drama may or may not be right formula for AMC and OLTL. If AMC and OLTL were already a serial drama with 1 hour episodes originally or a recurring mini-series business model, PP changes could be more tolerable and acceptable for fans???

Is PP in over their heads? Is the PP Spin Cycle machine in full effect? Is PP on the verge of losing the trust and faith of the fans of AMC and OLTL with all these changes and the dishonesty in not being able to fulfill their original campaign objectives and agenda to the viewing public maybe perhaps finding out after the fact the bottom line reality of budgets??? PP better be prepared for an onslaught of lawyers/agents/managers when it comes time for casts of both AMC and OLTL to renegotiate contracts for a second signing coming up since most signed for 1 year deals only. I hope both casts will get everything they can out of PP in signing for a second contract. Up the ante PP. The casts deserve a lot better than what they are getting.

Having characters rotate in and out for visits or only mentions tells me it is sloppy writing with no consistency and no continuity or stability for the shows. A show demands continuity with focus. At the end of the day, AMC and OLTL might be shows that thrive on the 4 or 5 day a week, 30 to 60 minutes a day type of shows that fare better with more regularity and continuity. The serial drama "business model" that PP is attempting to persuade the fans to buy into and be a selling point, may die a natural death and/or collapse and fail naturally. To take a Daytime Soap from the 5 day a week business model and then go all the way down to just a 1 hour serial drama may or may not be right formula for AMC and OLTL. If AMC and OLTL were already a serial drama with 1 hour episodes originally or a recurring mini-series business model, PP changes could be more tolerable and acceptable for fans???

Is PP in over their heads? Is the PP Spin Cycle machine in full effect? Is PP on the verge of losing the trust and faith of the fans of AMC and OLTL with all these changes and the dishonesty in not being able to fulfill their original campaign objectives and agenda to the viewing public maybe perhaps finding out after the fact the bottom line reality of budgets??? PP better be prepared for an onslaught of lawyers/agents/managers when it comes time for casts of both AMC and OLTL to renegotiate contracts for a second signing coming up since most signed for 1 year deals only. I hope both casts will get everything they can out of PP in signing for a second contract. Up the ante PP. The casts deserve a lot better than what they are getting.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The door is wide open for a Kendall/Alicia Minshew return so Zach is going nowhere.

• Members

Erica is badly missing from AMC. OLTL has their matriarch with Erica Slezak but AMC is severely missing its Lead, Susan Lucci. Whether fans like it or not, Erica/Susan needs to be making appearances for legacy continuity sake. There is no way anyone can be dismissive of Susan/Erica when OLTL does have security in Erica Slezak.

• Members

I'm over this. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that the 5 day a week business model is not feasible for PP/an online venue? Continuing serial drama IS soaps- it doesn't have to be a rigid 5 day schedule. Characters have been rotating in and out of soaps and visiting for years. That's how they've been able to last decades. I really believe based on these comments that you want the shows to fail because you dislike what they're doing with your couple & would write gleeful long I told you so speeches if they cancelled.

And because you clearly can't seem to hear any of our rational comments, I'll just say that I think Debbi & Darnell would find your comments very disappointing. They're very happy with PP & understand that conflict between them makes for good story.

• Members

No, you're derailing the thread to rant about how much you personally need the shows to fail because the fictional characters of Angie and Jesse are having a hard time on their fictional soap opera.

You have many threads to do that in, Linda. This one is specifically not for that.

• Members

I did not bring up my favorite couple in my posting at all BTW.

If Soaps don't have to be rigid then why is Y&R, GH, B&B and DOOL still thriving on their respective networks?

I did not bring up my favorite couple in my posting at all BTW.

If Soaps don't have to be rigid then why is Y&R, GH, B&B and DOOL still thriving on their respective networks?

• Members

Yeah this was actually a really interesting thread where everyone was talking about what worked/didn't work story & character wise. Let's get back to that. I have another one.

I've really enjoyed watching Viki & Clint's relationship disintegrate. I don't need to see them back together for a long time so I hope they get some other good stuff before we begin the inevitable reunion story.

• Members
they are not thriving. They've all had major budget cuts, have had to can veteran stars and the viewership had declined in recent years. They are staying afloat but the business model isn't the slam dunk it once was

+1. It would be great if season 2 opened up with Angie in bed with David talking about how she's grateful for him helping her getting over her tragic loss. That's all. Not even a direct explanation of what happened to Jessie

Archived