AMC/OLTL: Take a penny, leave a penny

• Members

I want AMC to be as small town as possible, with the exception of Courtlandt Electronics and Chandler Enterprises, I think the big corps should stay out of Pine Valley. I think they should showcase the small town feel with stores like The Boutique and Glamorama as much as possible. That would also help establish AMC's identity.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The company was renamed Enchantment when Barbara and Travis were on the show in the 80s.

I do like the idea of Miranda being in art/design. I love that kind of character interests that you don't see on soaps anymore (unless it is strictly for plot purposes).

• Members

AMC

Add: Erica, Bianca, Kendall... they need to be there in some capacity especially Kendall once Miranda's paternity is revealed. If anyone could understand what Miranda will be feeling, it would be Kendall.

Lose: Human trafficking story, not gotten rid of AJ/Miranda but lessen their air time a bit.. and not have it pre-written

Rework: Instead of Branwell hall, i would have had Mrytle's boarding house be revived with Kelly Cole running it instead of Branwell Hall. I would have reworked Celia as a college student renting a room at the boarding house as an orphan.. and had gotten a tip that her mother had once lived in Pine Valley a long time ago and admitting to Kelly Cole that she also had a guardian she never met either that would send money to the boarding schools she used to attend. She has nightmares to memories of her young child-hood... and I would have had her be Billy Clyde Tuggle's grand daughter and Emily Ann's grand daughter. Emily Ann got out of the mental hospital and ended up in an abusive marriage.. when her husband tries to kill their daughter, she kills him in self-defense which young Celia witnesses but Emily Ann becomes crazy.. Billy Clyde Tuggle then 'kidnaps' his grand daughter, bent on revenge against Chuck/Donna for keeping Emily Ann away from him so he would return the favor.. and hides her in boarding schools. However, feeling guilt for doing this.. he keeps himself hidden as a guardian.

OLTL:

Lose: Tattoo story, Todd and Victor.

Add: More visits from past characters (i.e. Jessica, Tina, Cord, Roxy, etc). They don't have to stay long term.. but just visit or mention their whereabouts.. maintain continuity.

• Members

I, too, would add the boarding house and have Opal and Evelyn running it. Celia can work at/live there. I would either make Celia more recurring after the story they started or if they want to keep the character more at the forefront, get a stronger actor for the part.

• Members

AMC:

+: Erica. There's a GLARING hole on the canvass. I mean, imagine the amounts of shade she'd throw to Brooke and 'Mitry.

-: Jesse Hubbard...that's only so that he can win an Emmy as Sarge on Y&R.

OLTL:

+: Jessica. Viki needs the daughter that takes after her. Also, I need my River (preferably with the acting talents and looks of Blake Berris)/Sarah (pull Liz Hendrickson from Y&R. She's wasted as Chloe.). More Dusky and Nikki as well.
-: Destiny as she currently is. The housewives want Shenell back and need someone with whom they can identify. Also, I'd cut my losses with David Vickeroshi.

• Members

AMC

Add: For characters, Erica & Adam at least for a short-term arc with Brooke & Dimitri, Tad & Bianca long term. I'm still hoping Jane turns out to be a love interest for Bianca (maybe she's David's cousin Maggie with plastic surgery?). Tad needs to come back just as Dixie's kissing Dr Anders. It'd be nice if he brought Kathy back with him so we can finally see how she feels about both her parents.

For places, the Boutique, Miranda Center and Valley Inn.

Lose: For characters, Hunter, Heather and Zach. The first 2 just won't be needed long term, especially if AJ & Miranda finally realize they love each other. As for Zach, if he's not getting together with Lea, it opens the door for a Zzzendull reunion and I just can't go there again!

For places, Bramwell Hall. I'd like my gothic stories to revolve around a family home instead of a boarding school.

• Members

The new Destiny needs to go but bringing back Shenelle shouldn't be an option. That would be a lateral move; not an upgrade. If it wasn't for Drew, I wouldn't be opposed to just scrapping the character but she has a lot of story potential with the right actress and writing.

that story is already gone. Its already wrapped up. Now its about recovery and moving on

• Members

Even though I'm a bit behind, some thoughts ...

AMC:

I'm not really having huge issues with AMC, just a lot of minor things.

-Give Jane a story.

-Ditch Hunter, get a better bad boy for Miranda/AJ than this guy. LOL. Seriously. How can anyone buy him as a bully?

-Add the Miranda Center and burn down Bramwell Hall. Celia can go cuckoo and burn it down (not saying to get rid of her though, I think she can work but it has to really start happening in "Season 2"). Evelyn should stay and they can find something for her to do. I still say we need a boarding house again. Evelyn could fill that role. I also agree we could use the Boutique back, all the women always running into each other is fun. What are they calling the restaurant? I want an established place back.

-David Canary please come for a visit! I want to see Stuart. And Marian.

-Stick to something with Anders

-Bianca needs to be on full time and with a story, I don't want to see any of this pop up crap again. Miranda was sooo isolated and it hurt her somewhat, IMHO, but not too badly. They either need to get a commitment from Alicia or address the Kendall issue and I'd be fine with a recast. I like her just fine but I feel that this soap has so many things 'up in the air' that need firm movement and addressing on.

- Erica's sort of needed. But I still have been enjoying the show without her. I think AMC actually benefited by not having Susan and having to restablish the show. It has done wonders. WONDERS.

OLTL:

-I agree about ditching the Tattoo mystery. Blah. Move on.

-Re-establish Kevin, Rachel and Marty as "new anchors" to help establish a new generation (not taking away from the vets in any way of course)

- Bring back RJ. I've always loved the character and think he is so necessary. And with RJ, they should pair him with Dorian. She needs to stay away from David.

-Give me actual story for Cutter/Natalie/Rama/Vimal

-Recast McBain and address it (and for selfish reasons I hope the new actor, if ever cast, would be popular enough where we never have to endure Easton again. Yes. I said it)

• Members

Screw the housewives on FB who thought Laura was Shenell with lap band. After having this gorgeous eight feet tall model Destiny, it would be jarring to all of the sudden have Shenell again and she could not act. And I know its shallow but if they're going to sell her opposite Corbin and Rob, going the sexier route probably made sense. I'm not opposed to a recast but I'm not opposed to seeing what Laura can do for another season. I'm not a fan so far of the pairing but I think she might endear herself to fans a little in the Jeffrey romance.

I didn't realize anyone missed Dusky. I didn't hate the actress but I just mostly associate her with the Shelter overkill of the first month that seemed to scare off/enrage some of the older fans.

Archived