AMC/OLTL: Take a penny, leave a penny

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2 time Emmy winner and core legacy legend character Jesse ain't goin nowhere.

Anti- Jesse, Anti- Darnell, I am guessing.

Darnell Williams is so gifted and talented. He is going nowhere. In fact, when he left the show and they killed his character off, Debbi did not stick around for long and she also left the show. She keeps saying she could not do the show without him. So, you are so out of luck. Darnell's millions of fans would disagree with you emphatically.

You have a problem, I see.

• Members

Again, Darnell is going nowhere.

Anti- Jesse and Anti- Darnell.

Darnell Williams is so gifted and talented. He is going nowhere. In fact, when he left the show and they killed his character off, Debbi did not stick around for long and she also left the show. She keeps saying she could not do the show without him. So, you are so out of luck. Darnell's millions of fans would disagree with you emphatically.

Long live Angie and Jesse. SuperCouple Number One.

• Members

Linda, I've come to the conclusion that you have some sort of cognitive issue that makes you act this way so I'm not going to stress too much about the way you've insisted on derailing this discussion but your behavior in this thread is a perfect example of why your claims to be the victim of bullying on this board are utter bullshit.

• Members

Why can't we just stick to the take/leave idea of this thread? It was a really good idea with the season end announcements. Can we keep #1 AA supercouple, multiple Emmy, Agnes creations to the usual 5-7 daily posts in the various AMC/PP threads?

I have another Add- if they can convince DC to tape a few days, it would be really nice to see Stuart briefly. With Colby, JR, AJ- however they want to work it in.

• Members

I'm still thinking about what I'd like to leave behind or take away:

Although Laura Harriet is under consideration for this, I'm torn: Daytime has a history of molding actors that were once weak and building them over time into stronger performers. Different show but Jon Hensley immediately comes to mind as one very vivid example. Like many feel, though, Laura Harriet is a weak link in an otherwise strong chain of young actors on the current OLTL, which makes her stand out even more.

Speaking of OLTL, I wonder-

Would it be possible to make Jeffrey a Gray, i.e., the grandson of Clara/Carla Gray? Ordinarily, I'm a big believer that not every new character should be related to someone from the show but I'd love to see some sort of recognition of that history (even though I wasn't watching or even born when this history began).

I know Ellen Holly is pretty much retired and there may have been some hurt feelings on the part of both parties but I think with PP at the helm, if an olive branch were extended and perhaps differences could somehow be sorted out between Agnes Nixon and Ellen Holly and perhaps an appearance of this character could be made...even for a brief storyline arc?

I'd also like to see the Tattoo storyline dropped for the time being. The actors who play Victor Jr. and Todd have other commitments so I don't know how this storyline can go anywhere sensible. Blair and Téa hopefully will get into storylines of their own. Arturo Bandini could become part of those stories, maybe.

Wishlist, I know...

As for AMC,

I think I'll just chime in and hope that a few of the Kane women, Tad and Frankie Hubbard can at least stop by for brief storyline arcs. Frankie would make a ton of sense, given what is going on with Cass. And it's time for Adam Chandler Sr. put in an appearance--as compelling as Cassandra's trafficking storyline has been and I'm sure it will go on in some way, some of these other storylines need to be launched.

• Members

Who is this Linda person?!?!? LOL!!! Chick is insane to even believe because you win an emmy you are guaranteed a job on a show or that you are a good actor because you have one or two....

From my understanding Debbi Morgan left AMC because she got a better offer or something on Generations, nothing to do with Darnell's absence.....

• Members

Oh dear, let's not travel down that road.

Looking at all the posts, I'm surprised to see how many people like Bramwell Hall. I feel like it's been a bust so far but maybe it's been a victim of edits and rewrites.

I'm also a little surprised to see the unified opinion on the OLTL tattoo story. I really expected more of a split. I remember more excitement about it at the beginning. I think that shows how hard it can be to do an really good "umbrella" story. Made even harder by the production issues.

• Members

Just supporting my faces and exercising my freedom of speech. Never met you. You don't know me. You are in the clique on this board so I will simply consider the source as insignificant.

Just supporting my faces and exercising my freedom of speech. Never met you. You don't know me. You are in the clique on this board so I will simply consider the source as insignificant.

• Members

I haven't liked Bramwell and Celia at the center didn't work. But I LOVE the ideas of a gothic mystery and a girls' boarding school in PV, which could be a great way to bring on new and new-legacy characters. And I like what I've seen of Francesca James. Hopefully the execution gets better because I'm not ready to totally abandon the idea.

I don't think anyone is feeling the tattoo story anymore. Even if you were excited initially & a Victor/Todd fan, its just been puttering aimlessly since like early/mid June.

• Members
Speak for yourself. I really want legendary blah blah to die in an extremely painful way off screen mere moments after beginning his sexual relationship with Zach. Perhaps he's so filled with joy his heart explodes, and no one talks about it after two days.

Archived