AMC/OLTL: Take a penny, leave a penny

• Members

In regards to the tattoo story, I guess I was only invested due to Victor, but I also enjoyed the pace that Trevor's limited run forced the show to move at. Once he left and Roger's episodes started dwindling the story completely just died for me.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The tattoo story can still be redeemed, IMHO especially with Arturo connected, but it needs a lot of work and momentum to do so. I wonder if, though we are still seeing Racina's name on the credits, this was his baby (it seems his style==and seems like I was set to play out over a long period) and with him out they're at a bit of a loss.

The problem with Bramwell is we only see Celia's room. A gothic lobby or something with characters interacting there, would be great.

Agreed completely. I guess in a way we were fooled by that pace (I know a number of us wanted it to slow down a *bit*, but...)

Maybe bible carrying Angie can be so horrified by Jesse and Zack having sex that she shoots them both!! This story has so many potential beats to play out.

• Members

Oh I totally agree- I just meant I don't think anyone is excited about what's playing out currently where the whole story has taken place largely in Todd's hotel room for the past 4-5 weeks. I've really liked the addition of Arturo & want to see how he ties in. I think maybe the season format will help this story- they'll know if they have Roger, have Trevor etc. for the shooting period and the writers can write with a definite timeframe in mind.

• Members

In defense of the tattoo story, it is about to get real fuckin' good, just in time for the hiatus. I think they can continue it very, very well in fall now that it's actually moving - without the Todds present.

• Members

OLTL

Add: A restaurant that is a bona fide restaurant and not a club. I like Shelter, but it's really silly that it is the hub of all activity no matter how inappropriate. I could just about buy it as a functioning restaurant/club, but hosting a gala in a nightclub is taking the piss. Llanview's rich would not socialize in a club to host a 'Man of the Year' awards.

Bring back Roxy and Brody. I think Natalie would benefit from both characters. Roxy would provide some comedy, and Brody would be a good adversary to Cutter, especially given their history.

Give Rama & Vimal an actual story. I love these characters, but I've been so disappointed with what little they have done. Rama has flirted with possible storylines, but they've not come to much of anything. Do more with the friendship between Natalie/Rama; I find the whole Natalie/Destiny friendship a little forced and odd.

Does no-one here like David & Dorian? I liked when they gave them some depth and explored their relationship issues. So, I think they work when toned down and given layered material that explores their characters.

Lose: David's reality show. Just produce and televise his damn show already, and move the character on.

Tattoo mystery. I liked this (and didn't mind that it took a dip in the middle), but I'm very disappointed that it's gone back to square one due to TSJ's and RH's schedules. What started out interesting and intriguing has weirdly made all the story progression since the first episode, kind of pointless. It no longer works without Victor and (or) Todd.

Dean Trager. OK, he's a recurring guest character at Shelter, who hasn't really done anything, but I don't like the possibility that he may be a love interest for Tea. Just no to that.

And to whomever said more Dusky, I disagree. She's not needed. Maybe pop up to perform from time-to-time, but she doesn't need any storyline. I think the show has enough recurring guest characters forming part of Shelter's crew: Nikki, Diego, Dean Trager, Bruce Hunter

• Members

Oh, I'm terrible at sticking to just one point, and always go off into a list. LOL

Plus, by the time I got through all 4 pages (getting derailed in the middle due to some random OT stuff), I had completely forgotten that I was supposed to list 1 per point.

Archived