TOLN Announces Season Finales of AMC/OLTL

• Members

Each show only shot around 40 episodes so far. These episodes are filmed around 80k an episode, not 200k an episode at ABC

Maybe they realized they need to take their time to get the best quality shows

At ABC they were shooting 10 shows a week. Rob Gorrie said they shoot 6-7 a week now.

I dont need 260 new shows. I will be happy with what they can get. AMC starts filming Aug 12 and OLTL Sept 9th & their lease ends Dec 31. Im sure they will film into December. Take a Holiday break. Renew their lease & start shooting again in early 2014.

I have a feeling Hulu will start airing new episodes sometime in October before sweeps began.

I bet by December each show will have somewhere between 80 and 90 episodes filmed.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They were complaining last time about how quickly they had to have things ready. So while I can easily see AMC having episodes available late September, I don't know if they would have everything ready for both shows by early October. Unless they release them in blocks of 10 or 20 at specified times in mini-season blasts.

• Members

Aww thanks so much! Hoped I would absorb some Tea & Nora legal brilliance after watching them for most of my life but it was really kind of hard. Actually some PP craziness might be just the distraction I need tonight.

Saw Cady's tweets upthread about ratings going up consistently & back in production soon- that makes me feel positive. Honestly, I thought she was spouting party line after the ep reduction but this time I feel inclined to believe her- its a little more specific than just PP is behind the shows or whatever. It seems like she's hearing good things.

• Members

Can I quote you? You seem willing to give them a pass on most things as long as TnB's reunion isn't sacrificed and a few other salient points aren't overlooked.

Can I quote you? You seem willing to give them a pass on most things as long as TnB's reunion isn't sacrificed and a few other salient points aren't overlooked.

• Members

You may absolutely quote me. I'm often wrong, in the winter of 2012 I thought GH would be off the air at the end of last year.

What exactly am I "giving them a pass" on? And BTW, I'm all for them moving Blair and Téa onto other people a la Dixie and Natalie, if need be given the Todds' schedules. It was a nice time but if it's going to be ins and outs and ins and outs with no set schedule, they can "kill" both Todd and Victor for now and let the ladies and the rest of the cast carry that story.

• Members

OMG My sister just took the Michigan Bar. She was studying for three straight months ten hours a day, then the first day of the exam was also her birthday. I went with her for moral support. That stuff drives people crazy. She made me quiz her on things and I just can't with some of these Michigan laws, I swear this state has the most capricious rules on the book.

Anyway, good luck.

• Members

With so much of the cast living on the West Coast, I am wondering if they will negotiate for a significant increase in their salaries to compensate for the second year since they all signed 1 year deals. Make it worth it for them with the cuts and reduced shooting schedules.

Debbi was mentioning on the Michael Fairman show with Darnell that the constant scripts calling for crying scenes was taking a toll on her physically. Her back went out on her and she visited a doctor and she said they don't pay her enough and she might be making a valid point here. I hope that all of them will push hard for a significant increase in their salaries to sign for another year.

I give much credit to the cast for their patience and understanding on this whole project and for them hanging in there doing their damn best to try to get the show up on its feet. To put up with PP and all the changes after changes has to be difficult for all of them.

Longtime fans want the 5 day a week 1 hour a day show or at least 4 day a week 30 minutes a day. To crash and burn the show down to just 1 day a week 1 hour a day is a tremendous blow. PP was not honest in the beginning with saying they want to keep longtime fans watching and happy and obtain new viewers at the same time. Is the attraction to the show going to hold up with going down to just 1 hour once a week thing to sustain the interest long term? Will doing the show at a cheaper rate lead to a cheaper and lesser quality of a show longterm? There are a lot of questions out there concerning the survivability, overall. Is PP in over their heads?

Changing headwriting teams, reducing the schedule from 4 to 2 days a week, the union mess with the crew, I think that more time should have been given prior to the beginning of AMC and OLTL. They had to put a rush on it to meet a legal deadline and it shows.

I am glad that the cast is doing other projects besides the show and when renegotiation of contract time rolls around, PP is going to have no other choice but to pay up. PP putting themselves in this dilemma.

• Members

Why don't you just say you hate that AMC isn't doing what you want story-wise, and because the show needs to cater entirely to your neuroses you want every possible consequence to befall it?

No one is fooled by these long speeches, girl.

• Members

I felt for the OLTL actors when they were basically thrown off set midday because of the union dispute but I don't think you go into the acting business wanting stability. These actors know PP doesn't have endless resources though and making significantly higher salary demands is probably not the way to keep yourself on the show. I don't think PP has no choice to pay up- they're successfully doing AMC without Lucci. I don't want to lose anyone but anyone with diva demands is probably not indispensable. I'm not getting any sense that the actors are extremely frustrated- they seem happy to be back with their old friends, playing they're characters and earning a paycheck while having freedom to do other things while realizing this is a new venture with a lot of kinks.

• Members

Yes they had to rush they had two months to get this up or lose the shows. PP and the AMC & OLTL EP's have admited this that it was a hinderance as was not knowing if OLTL was gonna have Starr & John. JP said OLTL had a long term story planned for John til ABC blocked them. She admits ABC screwed them although she is very diplomatic about it.

Also the only people PP has to keep in the loop are the actors & crews of AMC & OLTL. They dont have to run every single scheduling/production idea by the fans. They dont spend time thinking to save these shows, we need to do seasons. Then think, [!@#$%^&*], what will LindaTNo1 over at SON will think. Cause if she's not good with it, we can't do it. It's not all about what YOU WANT, Linda!!!

Archived