GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing for Nick was not that good either. They had him use a hate crime to keep Kyle. I know they cut out therapy scenes that would have ended his character on a more positive note, but the whole thing makes me think they mostly care about positive portrayals if the characters are white.

• Members

I thought they handled Nick well enough at the end - they made it clear he was traumatized - but that's me.

I do believe he was originally supposed to be part of the summer musical story, before all gays got iced. He was the kids' advisor or new teacher or something, then poof. So yes, he did end on a poor note overall simply because they left it at that.

• Members

All KS had to do what leave that alone. BB is the bitter one, but the new gf needs to stay the hell out of it. Natalie cheated, BB has moved on to KS. That really s/b the end of it! KS is such a [!@#$%^&*] loser, she really is!

Unfortunately, JL allowed herself to be pulled into a mess, but KS/FF are used to this kind of thing because both are messy. I don't expect less from two people who are limited in acting department, so they have to create drama elsewhere.

The most confusing would have to be the fans who don't realize that Maxie is not an important enough character to any part of this show to sit idle for 9 months. Either recast or get rid of her altogether (I've longed for the character's death since the beginning of 2008 - before that, she was one of my favs). KS was out for 9 months because she couldn't 'keep her nose clean" or Endometriosis. Sorry, those 2 afflictions are always confusing to me. In the meantime, JL was temporarily recast, and she has been disrespected because she dare do a good job and continued in the role when KS' first scheduled return was canceled. These rabid ass people give soap fans such a bad look!

JP, we will just have to call it a draw because the both of us are seeing 2 different things from the same incident. I am not an fan of either, but JL has been disrespected from day one!

• Members

I know I am a a little late but I would just like to say that Jen Lilley is the epitome of annoying and I had to unfollow her ass before she ever even left GH. She riles up her fans CONSTANTLy by posting things she know will stir people up. Then she deletes the tweets and gives Jesus a shoutout and pretends she's some innocent. She did NOT save the character of Maxie from being killed off, it is literally the most ludicrous thing I've heard in a very long time. I don't even think Kirsten could dictate story like that, let alone her temp. - recurring recast.

• Members

I know I am a a little late but I would just like to say that Jen Lilley is the epitome of annoying and I had to unfollow her ass before she ever even left GH. She riles up her fans CONSTANTLy by posting things she know will stir people up. Then she deletes the tweets and gives Jesus a shoutout and pretends she's some innocent. She did NOT save the character of Maxie from being killed off, it is literally the most ludicrous thing I've heard in a very long time. I don't even think Kirsten could dictate story like that, let alone her temp. - recurring recast.

• Members

Brad is nothing to me, so I don't watch any of his stuff, but I made an exception yesterday. It looked as if moRon was taking a shot at straight people, and had nothing to do with the character at all.

Let's face it. moRon is horrible at this craft, but his "writing" for minority characters exudes disdain. With Felix and Brad, I am seeing 2 depraved minorites as opposed to 2 gay men. moRon is consistent if nothing else!

Shawn? Well, now that there is no Alexis for him, all the audience will see is this big black killing machine?

• Members

When I read this, I thought you were kidding so I went to look up a recap. *shakes head* Is there no form is sexual coercion that Ron can stay away from?

So that makes me ask, what's different? Who or what did RC have access to then that he doesn't now?

For instance, I'm a fan of Michael Malone's writing but I agree with those who say he benefited from Gottlieb's strong hand. Left to his own devices, he can go off the rails pretty quickly. What has happened to RC that now he can actually put this kind of thing on screen? Is it that he just doesn't care about GH? Is it desperation for "buzz?" Is it that his love of rape as a storyline device or his demonstrated weakness with characters of color outweighs his desire or ability to write LGBT characters? Is it possible that Kish et al now benefits from nostalgia (for the record I'm not speaking about you specifically but generally) because they were killed in their prime so Ron simply didn't have a chance to turn them into twisted caricatures?

• Members

I agree that the whole thing is tasteless, but not because Michael is a rape victim (can't keep him away from harm forever). It's horrible because of Brad's (moRon's) motives. He's going to screw an straight guy into being gay since heterosexual people are so despicable. Brad dislikes straight people so much that he will blackmail one as some sort of "revenge"? This is moRon speaking, once again, thru one of his characters, and it's all kinds of putrid!

Archived