GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm gonna need receipts for this here, my darling! Jenn stepped in an up when KS could not play the role, and was met with nothing but harassment! She had to send out a plea to KS fans to stop. Other GH actors stepped up for her. She was getting death threats WHEN THE CHARACTER COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN KILLED OFF. When Storms returned, JL exited the role with grace and showed nothing but respect for KS. She did the character so much more justice than KS ever has!

First off, JL dragged KS into NOTHING! A fan pulled KS into it! And since when can't JL discuss a character she used to play? Also for the record, JL didn't delete any of her tweets but KS did. I think KS was shocked at the amount of support JL got yesterday. the GH TL was filled with Storm contempt following this!

How is it so difficult to believe that JL might have made suggestions to TIIC and they may have listened?! Why would she lie when Frank could easily call her on it (hopefully, he won't feel the need to get involved in a twitter spat)? Does this make sense to anyone else?!

KS got into it with Natalie Hall for cheating on BB. Why is that her [!@#$%^&*] business?!

As for FF, she's a no talent duck lip piece of garbage who wants people to think she is some bad ass when she's just pissed cause she can't get a job!

• Members

Oh, hun, yes she did - she deleted them ALL re this. Go to her timeline and look. She was deleting a few here and there as it went on and eventually all of them.

I actually dont go around screencaping things, sorry. I think JL stepping in was great, but lets not act like she did some kind act out of the goodness of her heart. She took a job, as a temp hire, and got paid. You know stuck up for her and told fans to back off? kirsten, more than once. As for the character being killed off, thats according to her - a temp newbie. She didnt exit with grace, she made this long, teary video like she was about to be executed. Since then she has begged twitter followers to tweet GH and try to get her back on the show, and now this.

Its VERY difficult, actually. Anyone who has watched a soap and knows the ins and outs and how BTS work would find it near impossible to believe that a temp recasts pleads to TPTB stopped them from killing a character off.

Because a gossip site wrote an article about how KS and BB got together while he was with NH, and she set the record straight - that he was single, NH was the one who cheated, and the site needed to check its facts.

I totally agree.

• Members

I don't think any of them came off very well in that exchange, but I know Kirsten and Farah have a much longer history of public foolishness and bullshit than the diabolical Jen Lilley who (gasp!) was a r-r-r-recast for K-K-K-Kirsten Storms!

So, whatever. That whole weird clique of sad soap people trying to attempt relevance bores me to tears. They're all about 200 city blocks from approaching the Gossip Girl fame circuit, or even the D-list of The Hills, long may it fester in Hell.

• Members

i really see his offer to michael more of him being a stereotypical man than gay.

i think if played right, it could be interesting - of course i have zero hope of that, i am sure it will makes YR's rafe/adam seem like one of the best written stories of all time.

• Members

Ranting about straight people, trying to force a young, twink-ish straight man (a rape victim no less) to have sex with him, all the inappropriate behavior with Felix. Everything about Brad reminds me of something a hate group would come up with as the typical gay man.

• Members

I'm all for more gray and villainous LGBT characters on soaps - I've been talking about that for years and years, since Gary Tomlin tried to make Rex gay on OLTL. But Brad was not what any sane or logical person had in mind, and people defending this [!@#$%^&*] know that damn well.

Look, GH is a show where Felix is now basically Sabrina's (let's say it) black handmaiden who does nothing but affix his entire life and career around her (and occasionally Carly's) needs - Britt is living in their apartment, but he is sleeping on his own couch because Sabrina needs her beauty sleep; he is obsessed with Patrick and Sabrina's dates and general relationship - and spends the rest of his time obsessing over straight characters and pooh-poohing the one other gay man. I like Felix and the actor playing him; I think he has some great comic timing, but that's just not a good message to be sending with a gay character in 2013, let alone a rare gay character of color.

And then you add Brad onto that - the only other gay guy on the show, a two-dimensional dayplayer who is predatory and a lout - and altogether it just adds up to a really foul package for LGBT representation that really should not exist in this day and age. I'm not sure I'd even find it on LOGO, and I [!@#$%^&*] hate LOGO. They could fix it if the writing on this show was a little less about plot, broad caricatures and defiant, reactive behavior in the face of any criticism.

And yes, Brad seemed exactly like some anti-gay group's idea of a gay character yesterday. "You straights make me sick!" An insane cartoon. The sad thing is I know the show is written by women and gay men.

• Members

He threatened Michael and Kiki (sigh) and said he'd reveal their "incestuous" kiss to the world if Michael didn't go to bed with him.

I don't know how either Chad Duell or Parry Shen got through those scenes with a straight face - I know Kristen is used to this [!@#$%^&*]. They're running some of late spring-early summer 2011 of OLTL on SN right now, and that show was at about this exact same level of trash at that time, right down to Ford the rapist clobbering a nun, sneaking into Tess's padded cell to [!@#$%^&*] her and take a shot of them together on his phone as the root-for couple.

It's particularly sad to see this [!@#$%^&*] when you remember what this same creative team once did with Kyle and Oliver on OLTL, or Nick, who though he screwed up was always depicted as an essentially decent and wonderful person, or "Mel" and Delphina - or even those New Orleans drag queens who Marcie stayed with back in 2007, who were still depicted with inner strength and dignity as men, something that was particularly unheard of back then as they sat around with Marcie and talked about Louisiana after Katrina. That's all a million miles away.

Archived