GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Members

I think the incest they're talking about is Summer/Kyle Abbott.

I think I could actually support Britt/Nik..It kinda reminds me of Nik/Claudia back in the day.

Why does ME still get a paycheck for not even trying.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at ALL this, especially the bolded part.

I haven't watched Gh in about two months but this is kind of making me want to tune in. Even though I suspect GH is an even bigger trainwreck now than when I dropped it (out of sheer boredom -- "my friends call me KiKi" was on every day).

• Members

Thanks and what I would do to never have to see ME on my screen again. My level of hate for this horse whispererererererererer knows no bounds. I can't watch him and that other sleeping pill w/out wanting to throw something at my TV. SB was not the greatest, but the audience certainly drew the short straw here:( Puke!

Didn't think anything was worse than ChiaScott and Snora but I was mistaken!

As much as I wanted to love these scenes, I just couldn't get into them. Two wonderful actresses, and it just fell flat. I guess I'm tired of Tracy doing the same 3 things. Fiending for Luke, being hateful to a family member or having a mocha moment with a stranger. These 3 things are all she does. It's so old!

• Members

I thought you kind of liked McBain. Not that you shipped him or anything. Now that Silas lost the ponytail and glasses it seems like he's just exactly the same character as McBain but in a lab coat. Ron has managed to wipe out any distinctions between the two characters. Even the dialogue yesterday was almost identical to some of the McBam scenes. Johnlas saved Danny when Sam had to give birth. Now Doc McClay saves him when he's sick. McClay and Sambien bond over their sad stories. There's really no difference and they're almost right back to where they left off with a new name.

I can't spoiler tag for some reason so I'm just going to say, they're about to repeat another story for Danny that they just told within the last year.

• Members

Gay villain or gray gay characters =/= fuckin' Brad. I have wanted more of those characters for well over a decade. But Brad is a one-dimensional cartoon and an offensive joke. There's a difference.

• Members

The fact that they have Maxie in this terrible pregnancy storyline saddens me. I awed at her wanting the baby's name to be Georgie though.

Marcy Rylan as Nulu looks like a 30 year old soccer mom.

I regret not wanting them to ever recast Starr on OLTL. I wish KA would have ended up Rachel Miner'd, I really do.

• Members

Yep that and the Britt brigade's agenda floating from site to site she's the greatest thing to happen to GH in 30 years even comparing her (acting?) character to SJB Carly and Claudia

but re: Franco, excuses excuses because I feel there were other options he didn't have to make Todd err RH's character Franco he could have been another character

• Members

That misses the point. Vee said it best. I agree with Vee that I want more bad, or at least grey gay soap characters--TV characters in general. But there's a difference. GH doesn't get a free pass for Brad simply because they have ONE other gay soap character on their canvas (a token one at most) and then playing into some of the most prevalent and worse gay stereotypes (resents straight people, will do anything for sex, etc.) Not to mention, he's simply not an interesting villain--he's too one note, we've all been told repeatedly he's repulsive (even that he has bad breath!) It would be the same if the show had a history of virtually no black characters, and then a black, straight version of Brad popped on. It may not be fair in some ways--but it IS a fair criticism.

AS any sane person would--he looks the same, he's even back to John's old hair, and acts the same.

• Members

Georgie looked great!

In other news, Ron is tweeting his thanks for the shout-out on d-listed and Jezebel. http://dlisted.com/2013/07/11/open-post-hosted-by-a-priceless-and-hilarious-moment-from-general-hospital/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter http://jezebel.com/heres-the-funniest-soap-opera-clip-you-will-ever-see-743251715

I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity?

Archived