TV's Biggest Cast Feuds

Soapsuds

• Members

Deadwood! I saw her on Y&R, and I couldn't even believe it was her at first, but she seems pretty good in a more dramatic setting without the pressure to tell jokes. But then again, she's a comedienne, so that's where her heart is.

I LOVED the season of Good Times with Willona as the main adult figure. Loved it. They gave her some layers without losing what made her such a fun, real part of the show, and I think it's fortunate that the Evans kids were already young adults by then and didn't need her to really be a mother figure. And of course, that season gave us the legendary classic "Penny's Christmas."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I often wondered if Amos' gripe with the character was really more about Walker getting most of the spotlight, rather than about the JJ character being stereotypical. James used the N-word at least twice, as well as spook and was written as uneducated, which was pretty stereotypical if you think about it. JJ never used slurs and pretty much was written like any over the top character in a sitcom, IMO.

I forgot to mention was the falling out of sorts that Kirk Cameron had with his Growing Pains cast mates. At one time, they got on well, but when he got deep into Christianity, he really distanced himself from them and in later years, Thicke and Gold criticized him for some comments he made about gay marriage. Not a full on feud, but I think there are probably a lot that is unsaid, I get the feeling that Cameron probably started treating like them like they were some sort of godless heathens. He got Julie McCollough fired, so I sense he probably became a holy roller with the main cast.

• Members

The THS on that show is one of the most addicting, insane, gossip-filled episodes I've ever seen. I loved every minute of it, and I wish it were still on YouTube.

Susan Richardson...DAMN. She claimed she was in Korea in the late 80s, and two men--producers of a film she was doing, maybe?--tried to kill her. They cut to one or two of her costars who said that it was a difficult claim to believe, and she countered that she had spent years in therapy or something to that effect trying to deal with it--"Why would I say this for publicity?"

Not to mention the fact that she tried to lose the 90 or so pounds she gained while she was pregnant by using cocaine.

That whole episode is just crazy on its own.

• Members

Julie McCullough mentioned in an interview once how she bumped into Kirk Cameron one time after he got her fired, and he couldn't even look at her. He later apologized to his other cast members about how he behaved when he first became a born-again Christian, so I wonder if he regrets his behavior towards her now.

She started a stand-up act called the Funny Bunny a years ago (a reference to her Playboy past, obviously).

• Members

The majority of cast of Eight Is Enough is screwed up in some way.

I remember stories of feuding between David Hartman and Joan London on Good Morning America back in the 80's. They claim that's why David left because Joan was working behind the scenes to be top dog. Supposedly Joan was angry at David getting all the good interviews with celebs etc.......

• Members

Hanna-Barbera was unhappy with Bea Benaderet's "moonlighting" while she was working on their series, ABC's The Flintstones (she voiced Betty). Bea accepted work on two of her old industry friend Paul Henning's series on rival CBS, first recurring on The Beverly Hillbillies, then starring in her own series, Petticoat Junction. She arrived late to a recording session at HB after getting off work from Petticoat, and they fired her on the spot. They even removed her name from the closing credits for the remainder of her episodes (the union would be on their asses for that [!@#$%^&*] in this day and age, they should have been back then), and Bea was replaced with Gerry Johnson, who was the second best Betty to Bea's. Some of the subsequent Bettys fall under the heading of ear rape.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived