TV's Biggest Cast Feuds

Soapsuds

• Members

It is my understanding that Amos was called in and fired because he complained quite a bit about the one child on which the show chose to focus and it was that jackass, JJ. He also had a problem with Florida's overly religious moaning and groaning all of the time. An eppy in particular was when the Evans clan was about to be put out on the street, and Florida was on her holy high ground not wanting James to get them out of it the best way he could, playing pool.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this what you are talking about?

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/actor-vs-actor-s-tv-s-biggest-on-set-feuds-1371684083-slideshow/suzanne-somers-vs-john-ritter-joyce-dewitt-photo-1591558729.html

#10 on the list

Suzanne Somers vs. John Ritter and Joyce DeWitt, "Three's Company

The hugely successful comedy started to derail in 1981 when Somers asked for a hefty pay raise that would put her on par with Ritter. When producers refused, she went on strike and appeared only in brief scenes before leaving the show altogether. They didn't speak to her for years, though she reconciled with Ritter before his death. DeWitt and Somers finally buried the hatchet last year.

• Members

I knew a bit about Frawley and Vance...does anyone have more on their feud??

The rest I pretty much knew about...sad about the Bea and Betty one.....I always thought before the GG that Betty was full of herself but loved her on GG.

• Members

Thanks for filling in the blanks, CH. I didn't know about Amos taking umbrage with Florida's preachiness (though I can certainly understand because that on my nerves after a while) as well, but it's a shame that the whole thing fell apart because CBS decided that "Dy-no-mite" was the key to that show's popularity.

• Members

I was just about to run up in here and post this!

Re Good Times- I would have GLADLY taken Florida and James over JJ. The show went to hell after John Amos left and I can only re-call a handful of episodes after he left that were any good.

• Members
Hell naw! The only episodes I enjoyed with her in it was the Stomach Mumps episode and the one where her mother came back to battle Wilona for custody. Everything else.... garbage!

Oh and I used to gag at her having a crush on JJ. I could see having one on Michael but JJ's bony, bufoon ass? *pukes*

Archived