DAYS: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the show keeps going on with a wonderfully scripted episode. The Hope/Sami scenes were a definite highlight of the day to me. Aside from realizing that the Jensen letter came the day Sami and Hope both dropped the ball with Ciara, it's really great seeing those two interact. If only we ever got to see Sami interact with her damn parents! Especially Roman. He must be so sad and lonely...

It was also great seeing vintage Stefano, lurking in hospital rooms and spying on Kate and Rafe. Things have quieted down since the last two week's obviously, but I can still see stories running and that's great -- I was particularly intrigued by EJ telling Sami about his new business plans and her wondering where he got that from, which tied into him seeing those plans on the flash drive Sami stole from Nick to get Will's confession. Great stuff today.

• Members

I thought today started off slow and weak, but switched it up in the second half to give some great scenes.

For sure, the highlight was Hope and Sami. KA gave such a heartfelt performance about Ciara and Zach, together with a good dollop of can't-help-myself admiration/subconcious infatuation with Vargas. But the two of them comparing parenting skills smdh lol. Hope feeds her daughter coke for breakfast and Sami pays some lady named Paula raise her kids.

Bristen felt off to me, but I love how persuasive Kristen is - she had Brady doubting himself.

I'm guessing the next few weeks are going to be less intense than the previous two as the show starts lays foundations for the next story arcs - lots of which was visible today: EJ plans to oust Stefano with Justin, EJ stealing Kate's products, Hope/Vargas, Abby/Chad/Cameron (a big zzzzzz btw), Kate/Stefano/Rafe etc.

• Members

Roman is sad and lonely because his tongue is stapled to the side of his mouth and nobody can understand him. Seriously though, a few months ago Roman stated off the cuff that he gave up trying to understand his daughter. I don't think he even tries to feign a relationship with her anymore because he is the police komissar and she is engaged to a thug. Marlena and Sami though - well let's just say that Marlena has 2 other full children, a step son and an ex-step daughter she much prefers. I don't think the show plays any of this up anymore because it's been so well established over the years. And as long as Sami is with EJ, I don't see their relationship improving.

• Members

I like Sami and Marlena removed from each other. They had it out many times since marlenas return and Sami was insistent that her terrible mother stay out her life, as she never was much involved anyways. Roman tho does feel somewhat missing as Sami and he always had a better relationship, even when he was pissed at her. But Caroline is the real parent to Sami.

• Members

Wow, didn't even piece it together that Sami was unintentionally responsible for what happened to Rafe and Will. Here she is yelling at Hope and it was her irresonsponsibility which set off a chain of events which led to all that

KA did a great job today, especially when she was talking about Zach and Ciara. Probably her best episode in a while. Loved her interacting with Sami. I hope Ciara continues to cause trouble though.

tumblr_mnp41746px1qlrtq2o3_r1_500.jpg

Please don't tell me Kate is stupid enough to think Sami tried to kill Rafe. Stefano of course would be the most logical choice....

• Members

Definitely felt off to ME because I thought it was a dream sequence. I don't know if anyone else felt that way, but on Friday when she appeared by his bed I didn't realize it was supposed to be that much time passage, so I assumed he was dreaming. And then when the scene kept continuing today it was jarring.

LOL at that photo.

I believe that Kate probably got a call about EJ/Sami going ahead with an idea similar to secret proposal she was working on with Nick, so she's probably (rightly) assuming EJ stole it.

• Members

The days costume designer should be fired. i can't understand how the show can have three executive producers but no one stopped Eileen from wearing that horrid yellow cray paper dress for a week's worth of amazing episodes. Not to mention the other horrible, inappropriate and mismatched outfits the actors are forced to wear. Eileen should have been in a fabulous outfit for those episodes and she should have had a fierce hair do. The production team needs to sit through a week's worth of GH episodes to learn how to decorate their actors. It doesn't cost that much money to avoid tacky. There's no excuse.

• Members

DAYS does miles better dressing their actors and doing hair & makeup. GH is the reigning king of tacky when it comes to everything from wardrobe to production. But anyways I thought todays DAYS was another wonderful episode. DAYS has been on fire!!

• Members

And the roll DAYS is on continues!

I actually teared up during those Hope/Sami scenes and it's been a while since DAYS has made me cry. The dialogue was so heartfelt and I, too, had forgotten that Sami was indirectly responsible for Ciara hiding the letter (by leaving her alone in Hope's office). LOVED Hope talking about Zach and the mentions of Chelsea and Billie. Kristian Alfonso really did some acting there, though I thought she could have been more present when Sami was crying and realized she was responsible for this mess. Great character interaction there!

I'm intrigued by the EJ/Justin scenes, though this story with EJ wanting to oust Stefano is a bit out of left field, considering that what happened when Stefano thought EJ wasn't his biological son happened over a year ago and he's had plenty of opportunity to go after Stefano since then. Nothing in their interactions over the last six months even hinted at anything like this.

Chad/Abigail/Cameron- I'm kind of liking this, though maybe it's because Casey Deidrick's Chad has grown on me in the past year. I like that they're playing him as the badboy in this triangle and the twinkle in his eye was oh-so-attractive today. Even Abigail was clearly questioning her motivations both for going with Chad and keeping it from Cameron (at first).

Who is Stefano's Australian-Hispanic henchman? Is it me or has this guy come from nowhere?

I really liked the Brady/Kristen scenes because I'm invested in them as a couple as well as each character individually. However, if Kristen called him "baby" one more time, I think I may have hurled.

All in all, another solid episode and it gives me hope that even though a couple storylines climaxed last month, DAYS is going to continue firing on all cylinders. If they keep playing their cards right, the show could be hot, Hot, HOT for the rest of the year!! Can't wait for the next set of big DAYS storylines!!!

:D

• Members

Sami/Hope as friends/family, having anything to do with eachother really, is interesting because they dont have much of a history. Their was Gina/Franco & Sami/Franco of course, but other than that its been mostly hope standing by the Brady family in judgement of sami, they did have a moment after Grace died I believe, and other than that just bits and pieces. Its interesting, and yall know i HATE Hope.

• Members

Is it just me or did this episode suffer from editing down due to the pre-emption several weeks ago? The scene that was the oddest was I think the 3rd scene of Hope and Sami where Sami just seems to be ranting out of the blue.

Archived