DAYS: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

There seems to be a certain amount of hypocrisy amongst the characters. Characters like Marlena and Kate treat Kristen with disdain because she tried a long time ago to kill Marlena however Marlena to Kate is all like 'girlfriend we need to get coffee' yet KAte was married to Stefano who has tried to kidnap MArlena, kill John, kidnappedher children and Kate herslf has tried to kill Sami! Yet Kristen is still the enemy in this town?

I also find Victor completely hypocritical hating on Kristen (and Carly when she returned) considering how he tried to kill Bo (his own son though this plot seems to be forgotten) and wasn't he also responsible for Abby getting anemia when she was a child? Yet Maggie is now married to him and Jennifer/Abby seemt o have no issue with him.

I love the Kristen/Marlena rivalry but I wish more of these characters would get off their high-horses.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jenn/Hope did express their opinion regarding Victor/Maggie and even Julie's made comments so it's not like everyone just said how awesome and rainbows and sunshine it was that Victor/Maggie are together. I was sort of buying them back around when Mickey and then Alice died, they were, I feel, written better, but once MarDar came and married them off, I haven't really been able to recognize either character. I really don't mind the 'defanging' of Victor but it's really just him throwing out insults, getting angry or grumpy and him then 'coming around'. It's always the same. I actually like when he's in scenes with John because it's finally something different for him to do.

You're points are so valid though. However, Jennifer and Kristen were friends as I'm sure you know before Kristen lost her damn mind and same for Kate/Marlena, they've long been friends, though how they've swapped husbands, everything Kate has done, especially in regards to Sami (and vice versa so Marlena can't really say anything LOL), it's jarring, sure.

Kristen and Marlena's rivalry got me hooked on DAYS so it's been awesome to have them go at it. Kristen rubbing all over herself taunting Marlena about John nearly bedding her is my everything. It doesn't make having to sit through John act like he did any more tolerable but that scene was extremely memorable. Eileen Davidson is just fantastic.

Soaps are full of characters who end up on moral high ground. Hell, life's full of that LOL. And it's certainly nothing new for DAYS and their characters.

• Members

It's definitely nothing new as far as soap characters on any show go, otherwise no characters on a long-running soap could interact with one another! The unspoken rule seems to be "pay for your crimes." Sami is on better ground with a lot of people in Salem because they've witnessed her grow, have children, become a better mother than she was with Will, etc. Carrie has less of a reason to trust Sami than anyone else in the town, but she does because she's family. Same with Kate, she and Marlena were friends prior to all the Sami drama and everyone understands that Sami and Kate were both to blame in their rivalry, one Sami started initially by her lies and schemes. Kate has more or less stopped outwardly scheming against people as well and neither she nor Sami has left the canvas.

A character like Kristen, on the other hand, left town after her shenanigans and hasn't shown a damn person (besides Jen) that's she's changed. I could see people eventually beginning to "trust" Kristen again through her friendship with Jen, but I don't expect them to. She's also a DiMera. No one thinks that EJ is going to try and murder them anymore, really, but no one trusts him and wants him to be married to Sami. And people don't tell others to back off with their grudges. Kate and Sami have every reason to hate one another, their friends and family accept this, but aslo require that they not make every gathering a war zone.

It's typical soap. I don't see Kristen being treated any differently than say, Nicole after her baby swapping, Sami after faking amnesia and switching Will's paternity tests, Stefano after killing people, Kate after trying to kill Chloe and frame Daniel, etc. With the latter example, we've seen it was only through Parker that Kate and Daniel mended their fences. Chloe still hates her. No one would tell Chloe she should forgive and forget.

• Members

Marlena and Kate also respect eachother as grandmothers to Will. They have a history of friendship, and honestly i dont see Mar hating on kate reguarding Sami at all.

Characters like Sami and Kate do bad things, but stay in town. Kristen was gone for so many years so nobody really trusts her, not should they.

Victor and Stefano have always been above everyone else.

Marlena and Kate also respect eachother as grandmothers to Will. They have a history of friendship, and honestly i dont see Mar hating on kate reguarding Sami at all.

Characters like Sami and Kate do bad things, but stay in town. Kristen was gone for so many years so nobody really trusts her, not should they.

Victor and Stefano have always been above everyone else.

• Members

was there a show yesterday? Nothing recorded for me and I see nothing up on Hulu or NBC

Kate wasn't married to Stefano when he did any of that stuff to Marlena and her family. Besides when she returned to Salem, she and Kate weren't on friendly terms and her marriage to Stefano was the issue. They didn't start to get close again until AFTER Stefano left Kate. Kate is no longer in the Dimera fold so Marlena no longer has any reason to be apprehensive about being near her

• Members

I know Kate wasn't married to Stefano at the time he did his evil deeds but in principal would you be friends with someone who married a person who had done all of that to fyour family? I take the point these characters have to stay in each others lives so a certain amount is forgiven/forgotten so they can continue to interact. I just still feel that Kristen has been isolated as this truly awful person when she actually isn't that bad considering how it seems everyone in SAlem has tried to kill each other at some point :-)

• Members
but you missed my other point in that Marlena and Kate were NOT friends while she was married to Stefano. They didnt start to go back to being on friendly terms till the marriage ended and Kate was clearly done with him

• Members

I have been absent from the DAYS threads, but not the show itself. It's been on fire and it's refreshing to say that. DAYS has hit its stride with these storylines, there is a lot of interaction among the canvas, really fun to watch.

Although Lauren Koslow and Eileen Davidson, as always, are all stars, everyone in the cast has been great. Really impressed with Freddie Smith. He should submit that bedside monologue with Will for next year's Emmy reel, I believed it.

• Members

I didnt miss your point I think we just view this differently. Regardless if their friendship took a slight dip I personally dont think you would have anything to do with someone if they had been in bed with the enemy so to speak, even if they no longer are involved. Aside from that Kate has still tried to kill Sami ... even more of a reason not to be overly friendly.

Archived