DAYS: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

For once, I'm actually on Daniel's side. I'm shocked and terrified.

But Abigail asked JJ to watch Parker, the least he could've done is sat there and watched while she got some damn money for him. Any other parent on the show would've reacted the same way. I've been finding myself actually like Daniel, Jen and JJ amidst this storyline. All of them have realistic motivations now, as opposed to previous high school antics for Dan/Jen.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Abby should have taken Parker into the room with her. Parker was left in HER care. She shouldn't pass him off to someone else to watch, unless she's prepared to take responsibility for everything that happens when he's not with her. I think she was in the wrong here. JJ obviously didn't even know what happened. He had his headphones turned away. I think Daniel was too aggressive with him. Threatening to take him out? As an adult I think he overstepped some boundaries today. He didn't try to hear Abby or JJ out about what happened while he was gone. For all he knows Abby was just negligent and let Parker slip away. I don't see how Daniel can just jump to the conclusion he did. I think that was just directing the anger he already had towards JJ out as he was holding things in for Jen's sake

• Members

Another great (but short) week in Salem

1) LOVE seeking Stefano getting in on the action again as a true mysterious villain! Stefano sneaking in the hospital and having front row seats to the drama is great! JM is one of the best on this show and I love when they use him!

2) Not a fan of Chad's hair :/ I know Casey is a badass rocker, but I just don't like the hair.

3) Great cast interaction across the canvas again: Will/EJ, Chad/Kate, Hope/Sami, Will/EJ, Kate/Sami, Jennifer/Adrienne. Loving it.

4) I also really appreciate how they are reinforcing to all viewers multiple times how Nick's race experience in prison does not make him (or Jensen) gay. That it is a matter of dominance and power. And the scenes were so well acted.

5) Anne/Maxine/Rory (JJs friend) all in the same episode!! Could there be a better supporting cast?!

6) I really want to see the interaction between Kate/Stefano continue. I would LOVE to see Stefano fight to get Kate back. Like he used to fight for his "Queen of the Night"

7) The dialogue on the show right now has been AMAZING. A few of my favorite lines from this past week!

Kate telling Sami "You have jerked 2 of my sons around long enough."

Will to Arianna: "I just told my first lie!? I'm Sami!", and then later " Wi will protect you the way my parents wanted to love and protect me."

Will to Sami: "Remember the last time you touched a birth certificate with my name on it?"

Jennifer: "I'm not gonna use my bad word on her."

Hope to Sami: "Actually Sami, I left her in the office with YOU!"

Also, the Chelsea/Zack mention this week by Hope was nice to hear :)

8) Best for last... best scenes this week were Hope/Sami scenes. Very well written, directed, and acted. The anger, yelling, and drama and then evolving into compassion and concern for one another between niece/aunt...such a good relationship.

• Members

I'm the only one who thought Daniel reacted fine with JJ? He didn't hit him. He grabbed him, knowing full well he's been vandalizing his car and now just almost let his son fall from a damn bookshelf. I hate Daniel as much as the next person, but I can honestly say that 90% of the parents in Salem would've reacted the exact same way.

I have no idea and I wonder if it was something cut from an episode to make up for the pre-emptions? Chad has been ranting and raving about the video for days and I have no earthly clue what it could be, except for possibly it has something to do with her running through the Town Square as that insane extra was dancing with her headphones?

• Members

Lauren Koslow gives me life!!! I loved how Kate (looking ooooh so fierce) told Sami off and said all the things we've been saying for years and then makes her dramatic diva exit out of the room. I need a gif of that ASAP! (Cheap21, where are you?) Love her! She is definitely the #1 diva on this show. Not sure if the rumor of this show no longer having a costume budget is true, but I fail to understand why characters like Kate and Marlena are always well dressed and then they throw characters like Kristen and Hope in these awful get-ups. I wish they dressed Kristen as well as they do Kate. For the despicable things that Kristen does, having her do those things in ugly cheap outfits and messy hair make her come off as a low class and trashy character as opposed to rich socialite who happens to be evil lol.

In other news, I am not feeling the "lil' Rafe beheading" storyline. I know Stefano is supposed to be some sick diabolical sociopath when written in character, but this is just too much for me. I would rather see him go back to trying to behead John again or kidnapping Marlena for the 90th time and putting her in a cage again. Furthermore, this just makes Stefano appear as if he thinks of himself as less of a man (sexually) who has to use his power to compensate for what he lacks in the bedroom.

BTW, I am getting so tired of seeing that room with the blue walls, the two doors, and the window in the corner used for EVERYTHING! Rafe's FBI office, Hope's office, Marlena's office, Lucas's office, the hospital waiting room, John's hospital room, now Will's hospital room (did I miss one?). What's next? Sonny and Will's new apartment? Jeeez! It was weird today seeing the same room used for two different scenes

Oh yes, one more thing, I LOVE how meticulous the writing is now. Everything serves a purpose and the writers are paying attention to detail.

Ok, last thing! Camila Banus has really come into her own. She is officially an actress!

Last, last thing. LET'S GO MIAMI HEAT!!!!!!!

• Members

I agree. The writers have found a way to have a more realistic organic conflict for Jen and Daniel as opposed to something contrived like the Nicole and Chloe factor. Having women fighting Jennifer for access to Daniel's d*ck does not a good storyline make.

Archived