OLTL: Tuesday May 28, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was probably the weakest ep yet for me. Maybe I wouldn't feel so let down if it had come as the 3rd ep of a 4 day week instead of after a 5 day wait though so I'll cut them some slack.

The idea of Snoop/Bo as friends always cracks me up but their scenes today added little. I think we have a few more days of Snoop though so maybe it will get better.

They must be setting up some kind of sugar daddy/drug story with all that attention paid to random Shelter-goers today. The show makes really good use of Rama though. She is just a delightful supporting character.

Just UGH to the clear set-up to bring recast John in. I did not get the point of John when it was ME but I can acknowledge he had fans. Recast John will likely aggravate ME fans and John haters alike. At least, Clint is manipulating things without the knowledge of Viki and Nat so that will be fun. I totally cheered for Nat heading out to Shelter looking hot- good girl not sitting around staring at the phone.

Dusky annoyed me less.

As much as I cut for Jen Pepperman's A-team, Matthew and Mija were not needed today especially if we were not going to get scenes once they got back to Des waiting at the apartment. Also I am confused by this whole situation- we've been told he wants nothing to do with the kid or her but they're making babysitting plans? We need a Matt/Des/Drew scene without Dani, Jeffrey, Nora etc. so I can get a better picture of their dynamic.

Moderately intrigued by the set-up of Jeffrey's benefactor. Des, listen to Jeffrey- just take more money and stop working nights. Her new BFF Nat who once refused to vacate Llanfair because it was her birthright needs to straight talk her on this.

Love FloLo elevating Andrew Trischitta's acting. They should have more scenes. And maybe throw us some Blair/Dani.

Thursday looks better! Crazy excited for Buch poker night but wish they would have worked Matthew & Natalie into that.

• Members

Shelter works so much better when we are not giving inordinate time to musical guests and extras dancing. It really is a gorgeous set. The HuluPlus thing was ridiculously forced but I didn't mind at all.

Yes- she definitely said she would never keep John from Liam so I think that's where we're headed given that he told her to contact his attorney.

• Members

I kind of agree with this. While I enjoy the individual eps of OLTL much much more than AMC, I feel like AMC is doing a better job of progressing with and building to the longer story. I really enjoy a lot of the character building stuff and appreciate how much time has been given to that on OLTL but I'm ready for at least one of the stories to really amp up.

• Members

AMC is severely lacking in that character development area and setting up where the characters are or have been, but I do agree that OLTL is lacking in storylines. They're doing a great job setting things up, but it'll be nice once the storylines start moving. With the two episode week I expect it'll be ages before anything starts moving.

• Members

No, AMC is not lacking in character development at all. From AJ & Miranda's parental issues to Celia's sheltered life, we know who these characters are. Can you give any examples of what you're talking about when making such a bizarre blanket statement?

I do agree that OLTL seems to have no storylines and from what I've seen of the past 3 episodes, no character development for the younger set. Why is Matthew such a bad father? What does Destiny want other than for him to help her with Drew? I have no idea.

• Members

I enjoyed this episode overall. Even though nothing major happened, like others have said, it was clearly a setup for future storylines.

I was never a Nat/John fan, so, I'm hoping she gets over him. And yes, she and Vicki are going to pissed at Clint over his shananigans. Love their scenes and family dynamic.

I'm enjoying the slow budding friendship between Jeffrey and Des. I'm cutting Des some slack in the Matthew dept. She's very young. She seems to be the type that eventually will allow her eyes to be opened to his worth, or lack there of. Her (ABC Network) parent's didn't raise a fool. I like the quiet chem between the peformers, but I'm somewhat distracted by their height difference.

At this point, Dani and Matthew are fluff when together. So, I can take them or leave them at this point.

I agree the Snoop Lion, Bo, & Nora scenes were a waste of air time, although I do find it amusing that Snoop Lion loves OLTL with a passion.

I really appreciate the Blair/Tea' friendship.

All in all, I'm still enjoying this show (along with AMC) a LOT more than the remaining Network Soaps.

• Members

Of course you mention the few characters they're taking time to develop lol. Just about every adult is like an alien who pops in and out. We still don't even know where Bianca and Miranda live. The adults have no life, no development and serve little purpose. Brooke is a great example of that. She is just there.

• Members

Yeah & this is why im more than ok if Marlene McPherson never writes Daytime again. She was exactly like this on Days and she blamed it on Corday/NBC/Sony. However her stint at AMC proves its her.

• Members

You can tell this was intended to be a Wed episode, as opposed to a monday episode that resolved a cliffhanger from the previous week.

Even so, I liked the Shelter as restaurant scenes. I could see that it was a transition into the nightclub which I see will be featured on the next episode (with a possible cliffhanger since that would have been the last episode of the week).

I do think that the Blair/Tea and Tea/Jack scenes were good, but too short. I'm glad I'm the only one that didn't sense the chemistry between Tea/Jack. Since the actor is legal and Jack soon will be... not out of the question to do the cougar thing. It certainly would reignite the Tea/Blair rivalry from the yesteryear... plus would add fuel to my theory that Blair/Tea are the Dorian/Vicki feud for the next generation LOL

I liked the Des/Jeffery scene, and I guess we got the first indication/mention of the character Ron Raines will be playing. At least there was a purpose for their scene, unlike Matthew/Dani. I'd rather see matthew at the Buchanan game and Dani with Tea/Jack. you know.. support for other characters.

I liked Nora insisting on joining the Poker Game... she is no shrinking violet LOL I imagine Nora would be just like one of the guys as opposed to Vicki LOL Though I could see Natalie playing with the guys as well.

However, it was nice to see some Natalie time as well with her dad and mom. I didn't think it was in character for Natalie to do a restraining order against John so nice to see that Clint masterminded it without Natalie's knowledge. That seems more in character then what Frons presented. I did like Natalie deciding to have a night out as opposed to just moping around the phone debating whether to call him or not. I do like that Natalie might view Cutter as a friend with benefit.. or even just a no strings attached fling.

I liked Rama in the supporting realm. She helps provide texture, but I do like seeing her with hubby Vimal as well. I'm intrigued to see Rama mix it up more with Dorian/David. By the way, where is Dorian?!?! She hasn't been on very much, and I think we could have done without scenes from the 'A team' and more with Dorian with family, plotting her revenge against Vicki, and being playful with David.

Can't wait for the next episode! Blair singing?!?!? I wonder if she can adapt to the techno/dance stuff since she isn't known for that. I guess this is Kassie's singing clause LOL She sang on GL in the past and on occasion as Blair.

Plus, I think that older man/younger woman scenes is a foreshadowing to the sugar daddy angle plus the drug dealing story that is going on at Shelter that Cutter is involved in and Blair is unaware of.. BTW, Blair of old would be micro-managing the hell out of Cutter and co. I do kind of miss her friendship with Christian, and wonder who she could be friends with that is male? She seems more the type to have male friends as opposed to female friends (Tea seems the same way)

• Members

Don't see any point to the Dusky character nor the wasted airtime on the random couple at Shelter. WTF? Was there really a need for the time taken to have the guys drool over her or seeing those two go at it on the chair while Rama provided commentary?

The fact that after - for whatever reason - thinking it's a good idea to show the '21 set' EVERY episode she goes on to refer them as the 'A team' just builds my resentment. Why must Godawful Matthew and Dani be on EVERY single episode. Who thought this was a good idea? JP? Edict from PP? No matter those two are on my permanent FF list now. I liked the Destiny/Jeffrey scenes. They didn't feel so shoved down my throat.

And my one comment on Matthew and Drew. If a woman wants an abortion the man has no say and woman will jump down your throat it's 'their right' to do what they want and they don't want the kid. Well, then why is Matthew different? He didn't want the kid. So let's move on from the scenes where it's constantly pointed out he should be doing this or that with Drew. I loathe abortion but fair is fair. Can't have it both ways. I think the only reason David gets to spout off some at Cara on AMC about her 'abortion' is because she never actually had one.

As for AT: I don't think a forklift could do the job. He's not even good enough to be in one of my niece's HS plays. Why hasn't this part been recast? The scene today with FL reminded me of Sean Penn with Madonna in Shang Hai Surprise where it was like a split screen with Sean as a character in the movie and Madonna just trying to act and being really bad at it. Took me out of that movie and AT takes me out of any scene he's in. Recast please.

I will never accept or buy Tea as some buddy of Blair's. RevisionRon can KMA. I don't have amnesia - and it's all on dvd and tape. Toss her out another window Blair.

I would like to see some Dorian. Pneumonia was over and Robin was quite well couple of weeks into that first block so I don't accept that as the excuse.

Archived