OLTL: Tuesday May 28, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and we know that Dusky is about 20 years old... also Jeffrey is talking about Ron Raines' character..

Tea calling Jack "more grounded" compared to Dani.. hmm...

that's so awesome considering how much they ruined our OLTL characters to prop John and Todd's relationships with Sam and Carly

• Members

I liked them ending on the Jack/Tea scene. Great that Tea is able to get through to him. I'm always impressed when shows end on emotion and on character, although there is definitely a place for the plotty cliffhanger too in soaps.

At around 8:20, there was that music cue again that I feel like I've heard before on another soap and can't place. Help, anyone?

Everyone wants Cutter, LOL. Now Dusky too.

• Members

Dusky can leave anytime. I can't with that chick, and she's not good. I have no idea what the point of that and the old dude/young girl stuff was, unless it is to indeed introduce a sugar daddy angle down the road. Which it might be. Judging by the way they're carefully handling Destiny I actually couldn't object to it that much, at least not right now. But we'll see what happens.

I still like Laura Harrier and think she has a lot of raw talent but she is rushing through her lines a bit too much, particularly today. I expect she'll calm down - this stuff is still from Block 1, I believe. I did like her with Jeffrey. I notice they did introduce the

angle today. Did the letter read "Winterhaven" or "Hinterhaven"?

You know who was good today? Andrew Trischitta. I was very surprised by him. I thought that scene, while too brief, was solid. Also FL and AT still have the wrong, wrong, wrong kind of chemistry. We have Spelling soap people HWing these shows - if this was MP or 90210 those two would be [!@#$%^&*] by summer's end a la Dorian/Joey. And I couldn't say I would mind it.

I loved the Natalie stuff but I hate that they seem to be setting up John in some way, shape or form. I just can't with John. Give me Cutter and his mending ways any day of the week - I hope it's a setup for her to be legitimately torn. And I love that Clint still hates John. He never did like him much.

I also liked the return of the Buchanan poker night. It has been a long, long time since I've seen one of those.

Matthew and Dani are still hot. Sorry. And that stuff builds organically and well in their scenes just out living life.

The previews were cute. "Blair Manning!" Oh, Todd, you dog.

• Members

well Jessica Klein is going to be HW and she was at BH; 9O21O.. I could get behind Tea/Jack, would be better than the possibility of him hooking up with his teacher, but it still would bring the ick factor, but it will bring back the Blair/Tea rivalry..

I agree, like I said PP has done more for Andrew these past four weeks than ABC never did with him for a whole year

• Members

Good point that it might be a prelude to the sugar daddy angle, Vee. There was also some kind of drug use involved there so it could also be related to Shelter getting in trouble for another drug incident.

I loved Jeffrey's talk with Destiny about his mom's employer (who I think could be his dad and his mom just never told him because of the scandal -- methinks he doth protest too much). I guess Jeffrey is older than Matthew and Dani if he went to college in London and graduated, so he wasn't actually at school with them? I get some "Celia's guardian from AMC" vibes kind of from the way Jeffrey describes the guy's interest in him, although the guy seems less creepy and controlling, and Jeffrey actually knows who he is.

Matthew was going to babysit so I guess Drew is in his mind to a degree ... But he completely forgot!

Snoop Lion was ... interesting. Is that movie real?

I didn't get inappropriate vibes from Jack and Tea ... That grosses me out! It would be more interesting than Jack/Dusky though. The Dusky actress is fine but I don't get any spark or excitement from her scenes yet, especially now that she's not the brash new wannabe-drinking white girl wasted she was in her first episode.

cassadine1991, you're right I do think we will hear more about Dusky's past, that seemed to be what they were implying since she didn't want to talk about it.

Archived